Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero has natural CXL from Horween!!!

I will probably be cast out but not to my taste.
IMG_9456.GIF

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
Oddly enough I always thought a jacket like a Dustbowl would look great in a natural hide due to the different panels showing a lot of contrast and variation with age.I am spoiled...I have just received a Route66 in black Chromexcel HH....It has blown me away!

It does look pretty gnarled when brand new. Kind of leather band aid-ish. But man just take a look at the boots posted. It takes that burnt orange burnished look. Oh man that's my heaven!

Love it.
My problem is that non of my jackets get anywhere near enough wear for this to age properly with me as an owner.
It’d look sickly light in colour for half a decade.
How about I buy one & someone else wear it in for me ? ;)
Well we are the same size @dan_t. Just sayin. I hear you though. This needs to be an only jacket type thing. Honestly we should all just pitch in and get one made for @A-1 who would do his due diligence w/it.
I would probably give it a jersey shore tan by hanging it in the sun as often as possible.

Edward

Bartender
Natural chromexcel after a few years, I do like a bit of natty cxl :)
View attachment 116076 View attachment 116077

Luvverly. Somewhere I have a pair of Marlboro boots that a friend gave me - they're intended to be field boots, I think, but they look like engineers with a commando sole. They're the colour of your boots now, look great. I'd never have imagined the natural would darken to this extent. Must be an interesting process seeing it happen.

Oddly enough I always thought a jacket like a Dustbowl would look great in a natural hide due to the different panels showing a lot of contrast and variation with age.

Interesting idea... I could see me in an Aeromarine in this....

Reactions: Dav

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This needs to be an only jacket type thing.

As long as you get the sizing right, ie being able to layer with it. It can become your most usual daily wearer. And the leather would give you all the incentive needed to wear it all the time :)

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I think I have to see a properly patina' jacket made from this stuff before I'm convinced.

Edit: Aero should hang that CR into the sun for a few days to give us an idea of how the color changes (like Thurston Bros did with some natural hide).

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Looks good but can we be sure this is the same hide? May be due to Aeros poor pictures, but the leather on the Context Schott jacket looks very different, much more tan from the start..

Edit; Besides, this jacket looks like well broken in regular brown FQHH, so if this was the look I aimed for, I'd probably just go with brown and not leave the actual coloring of the natural hide in the hands of the gods.

Edward

Bartender
I think I have to see a properly patina' jacket made from this stuff before I'm convinced.

Edit: Aero should hang that CR into the sun for a few days to give us an idea of how the color changes (like Thurston Bros did with some natural hide).

I'm sure I saw photos of an Aero where they had done just that - pictures of it hanging on the outer wall of the Galashiels factory... A couple of years back? On here somewheres....

Context did a collaboration with Schott recently in this hide. Here's a pic of one after some wear:

View attachment 116212

Sweet, Holy Madre di Dio.... that looks good. Assuming it is indeed the natural, it'd be absolutely fascinating to watch the jacket age over the years and work its way to that!

Is the photo slightly stretched, btw? Proportions look oddly long for a Perfecto type. Otherwise, puts me in mind of Aero's King of the Road model.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Context did a collaboration with Schott recently in this hide. Here's a pic of one after some wear:

View attachment 116212
I am wearing mine today, in fact. Getting it some rays.

It's a very different color from Horween brown cxl. Both are excellent. I don't think you can go wrong with either. But brown is brown, and natural is tan. We'll see how it ages, but I have no doubt that it will be good. Mine hasn't got as much aging on it as the one pictured, but even new it wasn't pasty pale like some natural leather you see.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
While it’d be fun to watch the evolution, I am actually in favor of the original cream color. Would be nice if they had a natural cxl that didn’t undergo such drama.

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
I'm sure I saw photos of an Aero where they had done just that - pictures of it hanging on the outer wall of the Galashiels factory... A couple of years back? On here somewheres....

Sweet, Holy Madre di Dio.... that looks good. Assuming it is indeed the natural, it'd be absolutely fascinating to watch the jacket age over the years and work its way to that!

Is the photo slightly stretched, btw? Proportions look oddly long for a Perfecto type. Otherwise, puts me in mind of Aero's King of the Road model.
I have these pictures of Aero's in Vicenza and pictures of other brands - cant be specific as to make or hide type or amount of wear/patina though.

Attachments

• Aero Mulligan.jpeg
    Aero Mulligan.jpeg
    427.4 KB · Views: 604
  • Aeromarine.png
    Aeromarine.png
    838.3 KB · Views: 1,221
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    412 KB · Views: 3,832
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg