Aero has natural CXL from Horween!!!

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by ton312, Apr 25, 2018.

1. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

IMG_9456.GIF

torfjord, Lebowski, Leither and 2 others like this.
  2. Peter Bowden

Peter Bowden A-List Customer

Oddly enough I always thought a jacket like a Dustbowl would look great in a natural hide due to the different panels showing a lot of contrast and variation with age.I am spoiled...I have just received a Route66 in black Chromexcel HH....It has blown me away!

Edward, ton312 and dannyk like this.
  3. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

It does look pretty gnarled when brand new. Kind of leather band aid-ish. But man just take a look at the boots posted. It takes that burnt orange burnished look. Oh man that's my heaven!

4. dan_t

dan_t Practically Family

Love it.
    My problem is that non of my jackets get anywhere near enough wear for this to age properly with me as an owner.
    It’d look sickly light in colour for half a decade.
    How about I buy one & someone else wear it in for me ? ;)

Lebowski, jonesy86, technovox and 2 others like this.
  5. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Well we are the same size @dan_t. Just sayin. I hear you though. This needs to be an only jacket type thing. Honestly we should all just pitch in and get one made for @A-1 who would do his due diligence w/it.
    I would probably give it a jersey shore tan by hanging it in the sun as often as possible.

6. Edward

Edward Bartender

Luvverly. Somewhere I have a pair of Marlboro boots that a friend gave me - they're intended to be field boots, I think, but they look like engineers with a commando sole. They're the colour of your boots now, look great. I'd never have imagined the natural would darken to this extent. Must be an interesting process seeing it happen.

Interesting idea... I could see me in an Aeromarine in this....

Dav likes this.
  7. red devil

red devil One Too Many

As long as you get the sizing right, ie being able to layer with it. It can become your most usual daily wearer. And the leather would give you all the incentive needed to wear it all the time :)

8. torfjord

torfjord A-List Customer

I can see a dustbowl in natural cxl replacing my 30’s half belt.

Fonzie likes this.
  9. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

I think I have to see a properly patina' jacket made from this stuff before I'm convinced.

Edit: Aero should hang that CR into the sun for a few days to give us an idea of how the color changes (like Thurston Bros did with some natural hide).

10. hondurasdave47

hondurasdave47 One of the Regulars

Context did a collaboration with Schott recently in this hide. Here's a pic of one after some wear:

eb2386e546f902f97d19ccf69a436043.jpg

NigelB, dan_t, dannyk and 9 others like this.
  11. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

Looks good but can we be sure this is the same hide? May be due to Aeros poor pictures, but the leather on the Context Schott jacket looks very different, much more tan from the start..

Edit; Besides, this jacket looks like well broken in regular brown FQHH, so if this was the look I aimed for, I'd probably just go with brown and not leave the actual coloring of the natural hide in the hands of the gods.

12. Edward

Edward Bartender

I'm sure I saw photos of an Aero where they had done just that - pictures of it hanging on the outer wall of the Galashiels factory... A couple of years back? On here somewheres....

Sweet, Holy Madre di Dio.... that looks good. Assuming it is indeed the natural, it'd be absolutely fascinating to watch the jacket age over the years and work its way to that!

Is the photo slightly stretched, btw? Proportions look oddly long for a Perfecto type. Otherwise, puts me in mind of Aero's King of the Road model.

13. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

I am wearing mine today, in fact. Getting it some rays.

It's a very different color from Horween brown cxl. Both are excellent. I don't think you can go wrong with either. But brown is brown, and natural is tan. We'll see how it ages, but I have no doubt that it will be good. Mine hasn't got as much aging on it as the one pictured, but even new it wasn't pasty pale like some natural leather you see.

14. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

While it’d be fun to watch the evolution, I am actually in favor of the original cream color. Would be nice if they had a natural cxl that didn’t undergo such drama.

15. Corky Corcovado

Corky Corcovado One of the Regulars

This hide has got me like... 5d07547173eed98b23eb3399202d3280.gif "We go! We go!"

16. Corky Corcovado

Corky Corcovado One of the Regulars

"Once again Aero makes ton312 release his dogs of war." dwFdwpc.gif

sweetfights, Fonzie, ton312 and 3 others like this.
  17. Peter Bowden

Peter Bowden A-List Customer

I have these pictures of Aero's in Vicenza and pictures of other brands - cant be specific as to make or hide type or amount of wear/patina though.

Attached Files:

felix03, Edward, dannyk and 1 other person like this.
  18. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

nivea.jpg

Kind of joking but kind of not...I actually wonder if this would reduce the darkening??

nick123 and ton312 like this.
  20. technovox

technovox Practically Family

Not sure if anyone posted these- but here are some other "drool-worthy" pics of the Natural Chromexcel Horsehide Cafe Racer from Aero instagram page...(sorry about the arrows- these are a screen grab.)

Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 6.05.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 6.05.31 PM.png

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    ton312, red devil, torfjord and 4 others like this.