Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aero highway fit check

summer69

New in Town
hey guy been lurking for a while, found a used aero on ebay and it fits and feels amazing, but it seems a little on the short side?
thoughts?

thank you!

Attachments

• 2023-11-04_11-18-41.jpg
    2023-11-04_11-18-41.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 208
  • 2023-11-04_11-20-27.jpg
    2023-11-04_11-20-27.jpg
    513.3 KB · Views: 214
  • 2023-11-04_11-21-18.jpg
    2023-11-04_11-21-18.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 213

Observe

One Too Many
The fit looks spot on for this style, which you want to hit right around your belt. The rise of your pants can also affect this. Sit down wearing a heavy leather jacket that's a few inches longer and you'll understand why this jacket is cut the way it is. I'll also note that the sleeve length and shoulders look great too. I think you did well with this jacket, wear it and forget about it.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Looks good.

my first two Highwayman felt short to me too but I kept wearing them for a while. It’s the back length on the cooler days that bothered me. Both were stock. And on my third try I went custom and added 1” to both sleeve and body. Give it a little time first. You may end up accepting the trucker length or you may not. Going straight away to custom isn’t always my recommendation.

Daniel Veit

One of the Regulars
I do agree to everything observe said. If anything is to be improved it would be the width of the jacket . But the hwmn is a boxy cut to begin with. Maybe you would be better off with a slimmer cut jacket .
But never mind, just enjoy wearing it !

summer69

New in Town
thanks for your feedback, guys! and easing my buyer's remorse.

@phot2u nah I really wanted a highwayman since seeing them on here ha-ha. I really liked the fit and style.

just never had a jacket this short before. but I feel me coming around already. it really is nice.

thanks again!

Edward

Bartender
Length of the body looks good to me. I might want an inch more in the sleeves, but they don't look at all wrong - if it feels good, it is.

wiregrinder

New in Town
I do agree to everything observe said. If anything is to be improved it would be the width of the jacket . But the hwmn is a boxy cut to begin with. Maybe you would be better off with a slimmer cut jacket .
But never mind, just enjoy wearing it !
That's exactly what I thought. I have a similar build, like summer69 and wanted a HWM in contrast to my tight (perfect) fitting sz38 Sheene. I ordered a sz 38 HWM with Alpaca lining, which turned out as a little on the big side but perfect for layering in winter. Yours looks the same. A year later, I ordered a sz36 HWM with 1" taper and cotton drill lining and am very happy with both of them. Just like with the Sheene, of course ...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner