Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero highwayman back discolored

BB6B0D97-0977-429A-97D0-9097D7BC1477.jpeg

Not gonna lie...I want this jacket.

I want to apologize for seemingly doubting Aero with the way I phrased my comment in the beginning of this thread. Guess it was just that I was shocked and ignorant about horse mane traces on leather. Aero is of course honest and wouldn't try to flim flam anyone. I've purchased many jackets from them over the years with always great results. As a friend to Aero and Ken Calder, I sure regret my initial response.
HD
( Van )

I want to apologize for seemingly doubting Aero with the way I phrased my comment in the beginning of this thread. Guess it was just that I was shocked and ignorant about horse mane traces on leather. Aero is of course honest and wouldn't try to flim flam anyone. I've purchased many jackets from them over the years with always great results. As a friend to Aero and Ken Calder, I sure regret my initial response.
HD
( Van )
I can see where this type of thing might not appeal to some but to me it’s actually super cool. It’s kind of the same thing that lead me back to vintage stuff. Just the hide as it is. I like that.

Psant25

One Too Many
HD
( Van )
I hear what you are saying. I do think with it being such an obvious thing they could have ran it by me first. I have thought all year it was some defect or heavy oiled/stained area. I too am still a fan of aero and even more so since they offered exchange and credit toward a new jacket a year after I have been wearing it..

Hold on just one second - Is that mane thing actually a... Thing? It's true you learn something new every day. Never heard of this before in my life but I mean, that's actually pretty cool & throws a whole new light on the matter. They had to match the panels AND the collar for this the jacket to look this good so IMO, this is something to be worn proudly. Epic rare HWM!

And yep, they'll do that. Exchanged the jacket I've had for half a year, even though there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. I still feel crappy for even asking, though.

Steer Horse

New in Town
Call me easily-persuaded, but in the course of this thread I’ve gone from thinking that’s butt-ugly to thinking it’s actually really cool and, as said, a conversation piece. Very unique and I can see a lot of people starting to request this now.

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
I understand this is something that some people wouldn't be happy with and on reflection is perhaps something we should have contacted the customer to clarify, but as I explained when people are looking for extra grainy/character hides this is desirable to a lot of people. Of course, if you're not happy with the jacket when it arrives its something we'll deal with there and then. The issue here is the fact we didn't hear about it for a year, but we've done our best to offer a fair resolution bearing that in mind.

Glad to see you understand it wasn't us palming off a customer, we are always honest about things and will hold our hands up when an error has been made.

Psant25

One Too Many
I understand this is something that some people wouldn't be happy with and on reflection is perhaps something we should have contacted the customer to clarify, but as I explained when people are looking for extra grainy/character hides this is desirable to a lot of people. Of course, if you're not happy with the jacket when it arrives its something we'll deal with there and then. The issue here is the fact we didn't hear about it for a year, but we've done our best to offer a fair resolution bearing that in mind.

Glad to see you understand it wasn't us palming off a customer, we are always honest about things and will hold our hands up when an error has been made.
Thanks for replying and I really appreciate the offer.

@Stu, you taking notes there?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Given how these things work you can probably market this as a 'rare opportunity' and sell it for a profit - then buy a jacket without the blemish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112