Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Highwayman, dry and cracked problems

Tony B

One of the Regulars
Bigger horses.....funny you should say that,there is a fella over the valley that has a couple of shire horses one of which is knocking on a bit but if I went over with a tape measure like some undertaker from an old western he probably wouldn't approve, but the thought had crossed my mind.

Last edited:

Mark

Practically Family
Hi guys, i'm the one who started this thread and thought you may be interested in what i decided to do (or not i don't know!?). After emailing Amanda at Aero i was all set to send them my jacket in part exchange for a new one (mid-weight Highwayman), not just because of the slight dry/grainy areas on the jacket but also because i some times find the jacket heavy and stiff (at least initially) and those storm cuffs do irritate me a bit. So there i was jacket layed out on the floor ready to be placed in a large bag for posting, but when it came to it i just could'nt do it! I suddenle yrealized how much i'd grown to love my jacket (bit sad i know) despite it's very minor floors. Also, it's my jacket made for me and no one else i just could'nt part with it. I do think my jacket will only improve with age and the small issues i have with it i'm sure will become less of an issue.
So there it is...thanks for your very knowledgable comments i'v enjoyed reading them very much.

Regards
Mark

Congrat's Mark. That's the spirit. I think maybe we do expect everything to be too perfect sometimes. Maybe your'e right. Maybe I should buy that damn A2 lol
Maybe.

tonypaj

Practically Family
Hi guys, i'm the one who started this thread and thought you may be interested in what i decided to do (or not i don't know!?). After emailing Amanda at Aero i was all set to send them my jacket in part exchange for a new one (mid-weight Highwayman), not just because of the slight dry/grainy areas on the jacket but also because i some times find the jacket heavy and stiff (at least initially) and those storm cuffs do irritate me a bit. So there i was jacket layed out on the floor ready to be placed in a large bag for posting, but when it came to it i just could'nt do it! I suddenle yrealized how much i'd grown to love my jacket (bit sad i know) despite it's very minor floors. Also, it's my jacket made for me and no one else i just could'nt part with it. I do think my jacket will only improve with age and the small issues i have with it i'm sure will become less of an issue.
So there it is...thanks for your very knowledgable comments i'v enjoyed reading them very much.

Regards
Mark

Good for you, I keep changing them... About the storm cuffs, just take them off, if you do not like them. I order my jackets without any (as I dislike them, as well) or if I buy them used, I cut them off.

Storm cuffs really suck if you wear watches - at least bigger ones like I do. I don't get any jackets with those. Plus, it's just one piece I think would wear out faster than the rest of the jacket. But if I lived in a very windy environment, I might change my mind!

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
I actually have one of those "limited run" aeros. it's a bronco, original crown and all that. its my favorite jacket, size 48. I have none of those problems and have had it for 5 years. its getting well worn but not worn out. i love the mid weight FQHH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn