Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Highwayman fitting advice needed

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I’ve had three Primo HWM.

The first was Cordovan CXL-HH, and I loved everything about it. Don’t have a picture at hand, right now.

The first picture is “natural” veg-tanned horshide. It was a bit bulky, and somehow I always had the feeling it wasn’t really the premier pattern. Great jacket, though and a perfect summer weight.

Lastly, midnight blue CXL-HH. By now rather “misty morning grey” and on its third main zipper, but this will never go.
Don’t worry about the round-ish look. It’s still a boxy pattern but looks better without the odd angle.

D27A8CB7-B494-4C4A-B426-94BA3D70AE88.jpeg
B8439947-0D0E-483F-80EB-6BBB75BAA47A.jpeg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Allright. Yeah I've heard the horsehide is usually very stiff and takes some time to break in. Makes me think of my engineer boots. They nearly crippled my feet. The steer a bit easier. In appearance, what is usually the difference between the two? The CXFQHH a bit more shiny?

Visually very hard to tell them apart. I’ve also had very stiff CXL Steer (Simmons Bilt used to have a great heavy variety).
There are lighter batches of CXL horse around, and they’ve become very popular in the last years.
AFAIK, Aero is struggling with restock of CXL horse, so practicability issues may be the simple answer for you.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Allright. Yeah I've heard the horsehide is usually very stiff and takes some time to break in. Makes me think of my engineer boots. They nearly crippled my feet. The steer a bit easier. In appearance, what is usually the difference between the two? The CXFQHH a bit more shiny?
It's been a while since my CXFQHH jacket, but when I compare this one to the CXSH, I see virtually no difference from a looks standpoint. However, the CXSH is minimally thicker, but softer.
And my personal favorite is Badalassi. Again, minimally softer than CXSH, but more sheen and texture. But I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.
But I would also consider the other mid weight leathers. I unfortunately only know Vicenza and unfinished HH, but they are both good. But others here also find Jerky very good.
Who has the choice...

Reinforces my point that OP needs to get better acquainted with the offerings rather than just deciding based on the name that he wants a Highwayman.
Agreed but it's not a wrong choice for ones first good leather jacket. Or last, for that matter. But yeah, it's best for the OP to come to that conclusion on their own. Or any other, for that matter.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Agreed but it's not a wrong choice for ones first good leather jacket. Or last, for that matter. But yeah, it's best for the OP to come to that conclusion on their own. Or any other, for that matter.

I think the Highwayman in all four versions (even the Western version) is a great jacket.

However if he's saying "this looks good, I want this Highwayman" (and the jacket in the photo isn't a Highwayman) or jumping between Highwayman and Premier Highwayman (which despite their similar names are completely different), that tells me he needs to look through jacket options as a whole.

Aero isn't the most expensive brand talked about here but it's still pricey and dropping that money on a jacket that probably isn't what you want is a financial hit.

Fred121

New in Town
Ok, so here I go again. Having the pleasant struggle to decide either highwayman or premier highwayman. Got a bit doubtful on the premier when the girl at Aero wrote about how slim it fits, with high armholes, narrow shoulders, sleeves etc.. anyways, she told me a size 42 would fit me. The black cxfqhh could be up to 14 weeks sine they still run short of the leather.

Pit to pit 50cm / 19.68
Chest around 102cm 40.15/exp 105cm 41.5
Shoulders 48cm / 19”
Stomach. 97cm / 38.25
Waist. 93cm / 36.75
Height 173cm / 5’7

I know sleeves around 61-63cm (24.75”) fit me good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points