Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Highwayman with a Plain Back?

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I stupidly sold my Highwayman and am thinking about getting another. Thinking about doing a plain back with shoulder gussets. I love the back yoke but I've got another jacket w/that same yoke style, so trying to add some variety. Anyway, has anyone done one with a plain back and shoulder gussets?

I'll be getting zip sleeves and zip pockets as well. I'm imagining those appointments along w/the plain back and shoulder gussets should look great. Then again, the back yoke is classic and maybe I shouldn't mess with it?

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Premier or regular?

I'm curious about how shoulder gussets would work on the Highwayman (original) given its boxy cut; of course, large chest + shoulder gussets aren't an unheard of combination.

MrProper

I think that shoulder gussets mess up the shape of the jacket. But that could also be a prejudice because I'm not a fan of gussets.

Edward

Bartender
I wouldn't mess with the design, myself. In terms of gussets, I'd be surprised if Aero were open to that, given it would mean a fair bit of change to the pattern?

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Premier or regular?

I'm curious about how shoulder gussets would work on the Highwayman (original) given its boxy cut; of course, large chest + shoulder gussets aren't an unheard of combination.

Regular. Had a Premiere version once but didn't like it, and I sold my regular to get that Premier!

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I think that shoulder gussets mess up the shape of the jacket. But that could also be a prejudice because I'm not a fan of gussets.
well, I had an Aero Chips done with a plain back and gussets, and it was great. Not far off from a Highwayman, but the Chips did fit slightly slimmer. Another cool jacket that I stupidly sold lol

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Real Mccoy Nelson?
Image1.jpg
Image2.jpg

I am sure Aero can build you a custom one from the 1930s Highwayman pattern block,

Plain back,
Change to wider 1950s Highwayman collar (the 1930s collar is narrower)
Minus 1" back length, front length stays same

I am gonna take a wild guess (not slandering, just wild guess) that the RMC Nelson was probably "inspired" by the Aero 30s Highwayman.

El Marro

well, I had an Aero Chips done with a plain back and gussets, and it was great. Not far off from a Highwayman, but the Chips did fit slightly slimmer. Another cool jacket that I stupidly sold lol
I think I remember that Chips, was it brown?

El Marro

If it’s the jacket I’m thinking of, I remember when you listed it for sale. It had every single feature and detail I would ever want and if it was my size I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
I’ve placed an order for a Premier Highwayman because the yoke at the back running down the sleeves is the coolest design detail in the back of any leather jacket I’ve seen (purely subjective of course), and it’s one of the main reasons I ordered one.

So I wouldn’t omit that. If it’s the regular Highwayman, why not.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I’ve placed an order for a Premier Highwayman because the yoke at the back running down the sleeves is the coolest design detail in the back of any leather jacket I’ve seen (purely subjective of course), and it’s one of the main reasons I ordered one.

Yeah I feel the same way about it, maybe I should just go with that

Aloysius

The regular has that as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner