Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Highwayman with a Plain Back?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
How do you find the PremierHWY cut with the CXL? Have seen suggestions here that the trim cut and thicker leather can be a tough matchup. Yours looks great IMO - any hit to range of motion?
The black one is Badalassi, the cordovan CXSH, which I prefer to the CXFQHH. The CXSH is much softer and more comfortable to wear than the HH.
I can move around enough for everyday use, I wear more comfortable clothes for sports ;)
I can wear the jackets all day without anything getting on my nerves.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
How do you find the PremierHWY cut with the CXL? Have seen suggestions here that the trim cut and thicker leather can be a tough matchup. Yours looks great IMO - any hit to range of motion?

I've had both highwayman fits in CXL. I didn't like the premiere in CXL. Main issue for me was the collar and neck hole which have a vertical oblong shape (as opposed to round) which causes the collar to always be squeezing into your neck at the sides. I also have a premiere half-belt in vicenza which does the same thing, but due to the softer leather I never really noticed it. But when I got the premiere highwayman in CXL boy did I ever feel it! I couldn't hang with it and ended up selling it. I also didn''t love the high armholes of the slim fit premiere with CXL, but I could have lived with it. But the collar issue was a total no-go

MTS

Familiar Face
I've had a similar experience with the oblong neckhole when I was breaking in my HH CXL premier HWM. It has now gone away, but I could definitely feel it when it was new.

Obviously the jacket doesn't have the most insane mobility but it is certainly mobile enough for me to wear around all day without issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner