Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero: How long did it take to get yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Burton

One of the Regulars
I have seen Aero selling "Apprecntice made" jackets lately. Maybe they're expanding? That would be great for many reasons. But I wonder if their shop can handle more bodies or if they're losing people? I have faith. I just want a great product when all is said and done. Communicate honestly, and I'm good.
But to those who "over-communicate" I would indeed think about the fine line here. If I was fielding scores of emails from one impatient person, multiplied by scores of buyers, I'd be pissy too.
Respect the person's time. I'm not worried. I'd love my jacket to be here tomorrow - we're all so used to immediate gratification - but I'm willing to wait for a superb jacket I can hand down to my son in 40 years...

I agree. Sometimes anticipation is more than half the fun. A Christmas tree without gifts under it is a depressing sight to me.

I agree. Sometimes anticipation is more than half the fun. A Christmas tree without gifts under it is a depressing sight to me.

It's about as close to feeling like a kid that I get these days. It IS fun! But I was a pretty antsy kid too. Probably the only thing about the wait that I don't like is the possibility that something went wrong, and I get a pair of sleeves that are too short. My only concern. Having to wait 2x would indeed make me an unhappy camper! :)

Rmille6161

New in Town
I have gotten 2 aero A2's from Mark in 6 years. He has been outstanding to deal with both times. I contacted him about 2 weeks ago to replace a A2 and he said he no longer does it, that you have to deal direct. Thats to bad because his service was #1 :-(

I've bought two from Mark in two weeks.
He's answered every email in a timely fashion.
Even on weekends. Waiting is part of this game.
I reckon you get what you give dealing with Aero folks.
No complaints from me this far.

Wambleyburger

Familiar Face
I ordered a jacket from them about three years ago. I was told to expect delivery anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks. After about 2 1/2 months, I emailed Mark and asked if there was delay. He promptly sent me a reply after he checked on it and there had, in fact, been a delay in the order. He said there had been some type of mix up at their facility in Scotland. He made several phone calls and contacted me back. He told me they were putting a rush on the jacket and told me to expect it in about another three to four weeks. It ended up arriving four weeks to the day he sent out the email to me. And the finished product was outstanding. Fit and finish was superior . Needless to say, I was a satisfied customer. As has been stated before, sometimes you have to wait for quality. Things apparently have changed somewhat since then I guess. If they ever put their "Real Deal" leather A-2 jacket back up for sale, I'll definitely try ordering one.

smoz

One of the Regulars
I ordered a Highwayman earlier this year and it was delivered four months later (to the day).

Today I placed another order, this time for a fifties half belt deluxe with a few modifications. Amanda said that current delivery time is 14 to 16 weeks, I am keeping my fingers crossed in the hope that it will arrive before Christmas.

Good choice! Just ordered one myself.
Brown FQHH
Wine (or brown if not available) Alpaca
Corduroy pockets
Leather strip along bottom, inside
Removable fur collar for cold weather
Added 1.5" to arms and body (6'-4")

What's yours?

I ordered a Highwayman earlier this year and it was delivered four months later (to the day).

Today I placed another order, this time for a fifties half belt deluxe with a few modifications. Amanda said that current delivery time is 14 to 16 weeks, I am keeping my fingers crossed in the hope that it will arrive before Christmas.

smoz

One of the Regulars
Good choice! Just ordered one myself.
Brown FQHH
Wine (or brown if not available) Alpaca
Corduroy pockets
Leather strip along bottom, inside
Removable fur collar for cold weather
Added 1.5" to arms and body (6'-4")

What's yours?

Sounds very good, looking forward to seeing pictures when you get it. Mine's not a million miles away from yours, brown FQHH, lining TBC but currently favouring a layer of alpaca covered by Lochcarron Reiver Isle of Skye tartan.

I have copied and pasted the following mod's from my email to Amanda, though they will probably change between now and whenever the jacket is being made ...

Detachable mouton collar, dark brown
Button cuffs as on the thirties half belt
Button throat latch
Two inner pockets, vertical (G1 style)
Corduroy pocket lining
Corduroy strip hem inner waistband

Last edited:

twinx1649

New in Town
I've bought two from Mark in two weeks.
He's answered every email in a timely fashion.
Even on weekends. Waiting is part of this game.
I reckon you get what you give dealing with Aero folks.
No complaints from me this far.

I sincerely hope all works out well for you. My story had a different ending (quality problem) so the jacket was returned. The quality issue was compounded by M. Moye being difficult to deal with and trying to distort the facts of what was agreed too... be careful when dealing with him. In the end, I did get a full refund.

It broke my heart to have to send the jacket back because of a defect, especially after waiting 20 weeks, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Hopefully, you will have a better experience than I did. I'm glad that most have had an enjoyable experience buying such cool jackets, I'm sure this is more of an isolated incident than the rule.

Thanks to those of you who emailed me with your experiences. Don't be afraid to share with the community, that's what we are all here for. As for the "white knight's" they can make it difficult to share your experience without feeling like your being judged. At the end of the day I think not sharing our experiences for fear of reprisal is worse.

Feel free to email me for a picture since for some reason I couldn't attach one. mcwheels@chartermi.net

Sincerely,
Jim McCarthy

It sounds like what you're looking for are those who are just "too afraid" to post something negative. Frankly, I can't imagine anyone who spent a lot for a custom jacket, and waited a long time, then to be treated ill would be anything near afraid to post on an anonymous internet forum. It's too bad your situation didn't work out to your liking, but it feels (to me) like you're fishing. I've had at least 75 emails so far with Mark (AERO USA) and he's been nothing but up front as far as I can tell. He's even tried to sway me from doing things he doesn't believe are good. I tnought this was a thread to say how long our Aero orders took to deliver...I think I'll chock this one up to personality conflicts. And rest assured, if I had a bad experience, I'd post about - AFTER I spent a good deal of effort to make it work with the vendor - Mark or otherwise.
It's too bad it didn't work out. Hope you find something somewhere that you like.
I can't imagine any vendor of any product or service has 100% satisfied customers, in spite of how hard they might try...which is why I'd never engage in such a living.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart