Aero Indian Ranger finally here!

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by North_Star, Feb 3, 2020.

1. North_Star

North_Star One of the Regulars

Just checked the customizations page and on the quilted lining it says that they have added a heavy strip of corduroy for durability, but i was expecting they only meant the hem of the jacket, not the collar.

Carlos840 likes this.
  2. North_Star

It is pretty much a standard fit, I only changed the back and sleeve lenght a bit, and also stated that the shoulders should be rather wider than narrower because of the 0.5" tolerance, so they added 0.5" to the shoulders to accommodate that.

Edward likes this.
  3. North_Star

And for the mixed hardware, there weren't a option for that on the the page so I had to ask them to do it that way.

4. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Sublime!

5. North_Star

Now some fit pics! The sun is already gone but here are some not so good pictures from inside, as I don't want to keep you guys waiting.

Later this week I will post some outdoor pics for you!

IMG_20200204_165106__01.jpg IMG_20200204_165056__01.jpg IMG_20200204_165902__01.jpg IMG_20200204_165932__01.jpg IMG_20200204_170149__01__01.jpg IMG_20200204_170338__01.jpg IMG_20200204_170458__01.jpg IMG_20200204_170634__01.jpg

davyjones007, Jarman, Angel and 15 others like this.
  6. Edward

Edward Bartender

It started in the Lauder years, when a lot of people were paying £50 a pop to have a 1" strip of leather sewn across the bottom to stop sagging of lining or wear on that vulnerable spot. When Ken came back, he put a stop to that because he felt that it was unnecessary to the point where those who had been convinced to spend on it were basically being ripped off; at that point they offered the corduroy for a while as an alternative, but it was never intended to be more than a temporary thing to deal with then current demand. At this point, I would imagine if it appears unrequested it's down to the individual design and lining combination as Aero chooses. A similar approach is used on some of the shearling linings as well.

Probably specific to the lining then - plus the neater waist on jackets cut like that does get more wear than a looser hem on the likes of a Highwayman. TBH, the only lining I've had on an Aero that had issues was a tartan wool one, but that's only because moths got to it...

I think that's the standard anyhow (probably why it's not listed as an option) - at least that's what the website copy suggests.

I see too they've tweaked the pattern so it now is a specific replica of the 1947 model. Looks great. I love the standard check lining too.

North_Star likes this.
  7. saucerfiend

saucerfiend Practically Family

Wow! That's a genuinely PERFECT FIT!

Brian

North_Star likes this.
  8. Mich486

Mich486 One Too Many

Nice fit @North_Star!

@Carlos840 I didn’t require the cord strip at the bottom. I think it’s fitted as standard on the quilted lining as apparently it suffers from abrasion more so than other linings. It should be mentioned somewhere on the Aero site. I also think it’d be nice to have it as standard on CXL jackets as they show wear on the bottom portion of the lining in a very short time.

ton312, North_Star and Carlos840 like this.
  9. jonbuilder

jonbuilder One Too Many

You and Aero nail it fit looks spot-on to me

North_Star likes this.
  10. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Perfect spot-on fit!

11. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

Perfect fit in every way, well done.

12. North_Star

Just found this photo of James Dean wearing his Indian Ranger! And if you zoom on his coin pocket there seems to be some sort of a badge there, that doesn't appear on the more famous photo of him wearing the jacket (last photo).

actor-james-dean-poses-for-a-photo-on-the-set-of-the-warner-news-photo-1573155579.jpg Screenshot_20200209-225423.jpg ozi1fs-l-610x610-coat-leather-jacket-james+dean-yes-james+byron+dean-rebel-cute.jpg

13. North_Star

Also found this, nothing new to learn from it but I haven't seen it before.

fbb1fa5c70974b07906d77c9f1c02b6a.jpg

14. Sid33

Sid33 New in Town

@North_Star - Awesome Jacket and even better fit. Love the V taper on this jacket.

I am looking at an Indian Ranger myself, Can you tell me if the back zipper pocket on the left side is a lined pocket or an unlined one with the lining seams.
    Whats the lining on rest of the pockets ?
    I am looking at a IR available at Caine Clothiers, Helsinki.

15. North_Star

It is unlined, and not sure but i think it's just used as a handwarmer pocket for the passenger. It is between the leather and the inside lining of the jacket. The rest of the pockets are lined with heavy moleskin.

Sid33 likes this.
  16. Monitor

Monitor

Spectacular jacket, IMO still the best one they've got in the MC range and among the top 3, at least for me personally. It fits you exactly as I believe these should. Literally perfect on all counts.
    I would have preferred if they kept the pocket zipper piping but I understand this it's more accurate as such.

That one Dean is wearing is ridiculously long, though. It's like a coat.

JMax likes this.
  17. thor

thor One Too Many

F72CC8AA-A115-4E34-B7D2-A568C9559ACE.jpeg
    The belt on JD’s MC jacket looks pretty robust; and it’s unfinished roughout on the inside.

davyjones007 and North_Star like this.
  18. North_Star

That isn't his Indian Ranger. That's the other jacket you can see Dean often wearing, not sure about the brand.

thor likes this.
  19. North_Star

upload_2020-7-27_14-34-22.png

Attached Files:

davyjones007, dannyk and thor like this.
  20. JMax

JMax My Mail is Forwarded Here

Cal Leathers. He had impeccable taste.

roadking04, thor, dannyk and 2 others like this.