Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero J-106 42 (44ish) black battered FQHH

dark wood

One of the Regulars
I ordered this custom J-106 thru Thurston Bros. last year and it took a while to get to me - received it a couple months ago. It was worn once so it’s basically new. I wanted it for motorcycling and the fit is a little too big for me for that purpose. I have other Aero OTR 42s that fit well. I am 6’ 190lbs, athletic build. $900 plus insured shipping via VENMO. I paid over $1200. It’s an awesome jacket...I love everything else about it...lemme know if you have any questions.
33991C7B-0532-4D38-94D0-6F14A6BEE0DE.jpeg
BBEA5A0E-A7FC-4252-AD49-49C842BD506E.jpeg
A279B800-05C6-4DC9-B0D2-A1146A5FD755.jpeg
33670145-BA49-4102-9406-A2719DE8E4EB.jpeg
A0B627F5-4CE2-4F24-8936-AAE41BD2A5DF.jpeg
87788323-6844-42E9-9991-D200CCA8F1AF.jpeg

dark wood

One of the Regulars
I just realized that my images in this original post looked kinda dull. Here’s some better pics of the leather. Awesome jacket...

BlueSteel

One of the Regulars
I have this exact jacket from TB in a 44 (that fits more like a 46) and *love* it. Great jacket!

Mine was labelled as "tumbled" FQHH - is yours "battered" I take it that battered means a higher level of distressing on the leather than tumbled?

Yours also looks to have the olive green stitching? I really like that bit of contrast.

dark wood

One of the Regulars
I have this exact jacket from TB in a 44 (that fits more like a 46) and *love* it. Great jacket!

Mine was labelled as "tumbled" FQHH - is yours "battered" I take it that battered means a higher level of distressing on the leather than tumbled?

Yours also looks to have the olive green stitching? I really like that bit of contrast.
Did you buy it from TBros recently? And is it exact? That was initially made for me too, but it was way too big so they remade this one for me…still too big…

BlueSteel

One of the Regulars
Did you buy it from TBros recently? And is it exact? That was initially made for me too, but it was way too big so they remade this one for me…still too big…

Yes - just a short while ago. It is identical to yours, so no doubt it was your original custom order. I really like all the choices you made, including deleting the belt and epaulets, etc.

Lucky for me that the measurements that were too big for you on that one ended up being a perfect fit for me! And the grain on that HH leather...something incredible!

JM7

One of the Regulars
I’ll cover US shipping. $850 all in.
I am def interested, looking at one other, a Schott. I prefer Aero , looking for a black leather motorcycle jacket. I'm going to measure the Aero I have now (a 30's HB size 42) and I'll get right back to you. If the measurements are close I will buy it

JM7

One of the Regulars
I’ll cover US shipping. $850 all in.
It looks like it would fit me great. The only issue I have would be the sleeve length. Does your jacket measure 26 1/2 sleeve length ? From the picture that is what it looks like. The one I have now is 25 1/2 which is perfect but I dont think 1 more inch will make a big difference. Then again, Im a complete rookie and brand new leather jacket addict

dark wood

One of the Regulars
It’s in the 26 1/2 but you get some shrinkage as is breaks in. Great jacket and price but this is a large 42. I’m 6’ even, 190 lbs and its a little big for me...although i like them to fit tight.

JM7

One of the Regulars
I will buy it !! If its too big on me I'm sure I can resell it. If you want to message me your Venmo info I can send you $850. I'll have to do it tomorrow if that is ok with you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner