Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

pawineguy

One Too Many
The company you keep is a reflection of who you are. The same holds true for businesses.

Agreed, and... I just re-read this entire damn thread, and nowhere did anyone accuse IH of anything. You went out of your way to point that out in your post also. It's all about what they choose to do now.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Prior to October 2014, when the charges were brought against WL, IH may genuinely have been ignorant about WL's enduring criminal conduct. Today, IH is no longer blissfully ignorant. Today, IH knows that, for several years, it transacted business with a criminal who repeatedly stole from his employer, and a company founded by the criminal. Today, IH knows that, according to Aero, WL stole IH's payments due and owing to Aero. Today, IH knows that it may have been a pawn in WL's criminal enterprise. Today, IH knows that WL may have exploited IH and exposed IH to scrutiny and potential claims. Yet, with all its defensiveness, there is one glaring omission in IH's public response: Righteous indignation at having been played by WL. Where is IH's condemnation of WL's criminal conduct? Why isn't IH vilifying WL for, among other things, dragging IH into his criminal endeavors and exposing IH to the current firestorm? Instead, IH is content to remain silent about WL and erroneously suggest that AL is free from blame. Regardless of whether IH was, or was not, complicit in WL's underlying conduct, IH's post-conviction response is, IMHO, lacking appropriate force and content.

Ps: I am told that we have not heard the last about IH's involvement in the WL trial testimony.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Prior to October 2014, when the charges were brought against WL, IH may genuinely have been ignorant about WL's enduring criminal conduct. Today, IH is no longer blissfully ignorant. Today, IH knows that, for several years, it transacted business with a criminal who repeatedly stole from his employer, and a company founded by the criminal. Today, IH knows that, according to Aero, WL stole IH's payments due and owing to Aero. Today, IH knows that it may have been a pawn in WL's criminal enterprise. Today, IH knows that WL may have exploited IH and exposed IH to scrutiny and potential claims. Yet, with all its defensiveness, there is one glaring omission in IH's public response: Righteous indignation at having been played by WL. Where is IH's condemnation of WL's criminal conduct? Why isn't IH vilifying WL for, among other things, dragging IH into his criminal endeavors and exposing IH to the current firestorm? Instead, IH is content to remain silent about WL and erroneously suggest that AL is free from blame. Regardless of whether IH was, or was not, complicit in WL's underlying conduct, IH's post-conviction response is, IMHO, lacking appropriate force and content.

Ps: I am told that we have not heard the last about IH's involvement in the WL trial testimony.

We also know that they WANTED to appear as witnesses for Will.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Somewhat disagree. I see the workers as more concerned with there safety..or security and weekly paycheck. However..some may view that as weakness.

You were right, I can't stay away from this thread!

I agree with you in so far as we are talking about regular employees, but I gotta stand by what I said in regards to the other stockholders; Will was stealing from them, and they seem to have been put out by the fact that Ken pointed that out to them.
Again, why would you assist by inaction, someone stealing from you? They should be up for Darwin Awards.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
(I keep having to edit myself... Lol)

This whole thing is so nuts

Last edited:

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
It’s an interesting account but in the final parts of the last instalment it does start to slip into noticeable partiality IMO. It would be better to have each witness say, rather than some who seem to be with WL claiming.

That’s what always happens on TV news and current affairs programmes. Where a government or management spokesman says, or sometimes insists, while an opposition or union spokesman claims.

The BBC has been notorious for this form of wording in its news broadcasts ever since I’ve been following these sort of events from the early sixties on. Oddly they don’t do it in foreign affairs where they tend to use neutral wording for each participant even when the UK is involved in a conflict but only in reporting domestic ones.

Edward

Bartender
None of the companies involved in any capacity, including Aero, would be wise to make a statement ahead of srntenving. We'll see what happens then.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It’s an interesting account but in the final parts of the last instalment it does start to slip into noticeable partiality IMO. It would be better to have each witness say, rather than some who seem to be with WL claiming.

That’s what always happens on TV news and current affairs programmes. Where a government or management spokesman says, or sometimes insists, while an opposition or union spokesman claims.

The BBC has been notorious for this form of wording in its news broadcasts ever since I’ve been following these sort of events from the early sixties on. Oddly they don’t do it in foreign affairs where they tend to use neutral wording for each participant even when the UK is involved in a conflict but only in reporting domestic ones.

It was an aesthetic choice, tbh. I just got bored seeing the word "said" over and over again. [huh]

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
1. So you're putting your interpretation on my choice of words. Fine, we'll agree to differ.
2. From your use of the word 'hack', a 'bias' of your own could be discerned. I don't think this is the place to go on about it.
3. I'm a published journalist of 15 years standing. I've spent more time sitting in courts than I have buying leather jackets, I know the accepted forms and the legalities of reporting on them.

Otter

One Too Many
You were right, I can't stay away from this thread!

I agree with you in so far as we are talking about regular employees, but I gotta stand by what I said in regards to the other stockholders; Will was stealing from them, and they seem to have been put out by the fact that Ken pointed that out to them.
Again, why would you assist by inaction, someone stealing from you? They should be up for Darwin Awards.

Agreed, car crash TV. You just can't look away. Like a Jumbo Jet crashing onto a train load of puppies, in slow motion.

BobJ

Practically Family
I think it's important to remember that this crime was committed by an AERO EMPLOYEE... years before Alexander Leathers even existed.

AdeeC

Practically Family
I think it's important to remember that this crime was committed by an AERO EMPLOYEE... years before Alexander Leathers even existed.

And that CRIMINAL is now at AL with perhaps stolen Aero patterns.

Last edited:

Otter

One Too Many

IIRC and if you check the timeline on Sloans reporting you will find it was happening over a number of years right up to his resignation. That was a matter of only months before AL started up in Business.

I would go out tonight

One of the Regulars

For me it is clear that WL tried to engineer the buyout by SA to secure his own position. This is a classic family owned business problem. If KC had accepted SA'a offer then WL would still be at Aero without the the threat of the owner's family taking over. AL was set up because the buyout did not work.

I cannot imagine that SA was aware of the genesis of the bouyout failure and subsequent set up of AL

the loco

One of the Regulars
Let's not exaggerate, that's pretty much the standard story for any "self-made" fortune people I know. Will stole some patches, jeans and jackets and probably patterns, was too dumb to get caught. Have heard rumors of way more severe cases.

AdeeC

Practically Family
Let's not exaggerate, that's pretty much the standard story for any "self-made" fortune people I know. Will stole some patches, jeans and jackets and probably patterns, was too dumb to get caught. Have heard rumors of way more severe cases.
Roman Abramomovich?

the loco

One of the Regulars
Roman Abramomovich?

I have heard of cases ranging from poisoning, drug dealing accusations aired on tv, political corruption, millions stolen by managers, falsification to steal from the re-insurance, between many others.

Working hard, and so smart, all of sudden a company worth millions? Yeah sure, why not . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner