Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

robrinay

One Too Many
"The US and Britain, divided by a common language" -attributed in various forms to Oscar Wilde, George Bernard Shaw and Churchill et al.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I reread Sloan’s Aero Trial Narrative again in its entirety. Based on what I read, the narrative appears objective in the extreme, and I fail to see any specific bias in the thread. Was the jury “biased” when they convicted WL? [huh]

Feraud

Bartender
O.k fellas...let's try this again. I've gone back and cleaned the posts that were outright insults or not so cleverly disguised semantics. Apologies if any innocent posts were inadvertently deleted.

I am going to re-open the thread with a loud and clear warning to cease the insults and and other histrionics.

Any further nonsense will be immediately deleted and if you are a repeat offender I am going to suggest your account be suspended/deleted.

We're here to share information. Think twice before you hit the post button.

Last edited:

wdw

One Too Many
Good to see it back up, as it's the debate and further investigation that makes this so interesting. I wonder when we'll get to the explanation, assuming there is one, of how the whole storse thing was carried out, including where the windfall income ended up. And was that part of the £194k?

Gromulus

Practically Family
A BIG thanks to Sloan - for all his work and effort in sharing this information. Certainly a very interesting, if somewhat disconcerting, read.

Todd M.

One of the Regulars
I'm glad things are turning positive for Aero, but what about the customers like me that spent upwards of 10 grand on jackets ordered through Mark M. and the previous MG (Will) that took us for a ride! Wrong measurements 6 and 8 month waiting periods only to have the jackets sent back and wait for the corrected ones for more months. I stopped buying from Aero because things started tasting bad with all the negative in house drama from the customers point of view. I was a vary loyal customer even planned to make a vacation and visit Scotland and stop by Aero. How does Aero get back customers that were affected by all of this?

Todd

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks, Bartender, for bringing this back, and thanks to Craig for all his time and effort. This is truly fascinating. It's nice, for a change, to see the good guys win.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
That's it up, o-impatient ones. Enjoy!

Thank you Sloan!

I'm wondering about this, from the third part;

'He told the court that, with hindsight, he realised that had Lauder not asked for this, the police would not have been called and the contents of his home not discovered.'

I want to know about the contents of his home. I dread to think!

AdeeC

Practically Family
An ongoing theme so far is of WL touting himself as the owner or co-owner. In these circumstances staff that have worked for him for many years would naturally treat him as the big boss and stuff like selling stock on Ebay may not have registered as theft. KC and family who for nearly a decade were mostly absent from day to day affairs may have been seen as outsiders with little involvement.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What strikes me over and over as I read this is what a dishonorable ingrate WL was and undoubtedly still is. I left home on my 18th birthday (problems with my dad) and have had to make my own way in the world with not a lot of help. What KC did for Lauder would have been like a dream come true to me. WL's ingratitude and deviousness are really astonishing.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Interesting update today, thanks so much Sloan for all of this work. I regards to patterns... does the evidence indicate that those were the patterns he had an employee copy or yet another set? One reading of this would be that WL realized that taking those patterns to AL could really land him in hot water, and he decided to not take the risk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner