Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
As I said before, the ongoing narrative paints a picture of WL acting like he owns the company and felt entitled to take what he wanted as perks. The return of the Calder kids obviously miffed him as they were perhaps being groomed to take over the management of the company.

The Calder kids seem to have given a pretty good account of themselves since returning to Aero. It is incredible how the company seems to be prospering now after Aero USA (Mark Moye), grand theft on a huge scale, gross mismanagement by prior management, and storse replacement. :thumb:

Sloan thanks for the latest testimony. KC sounds like an interesting character and hope someday I have the opportunity of meeting the guy! :D

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
After reading the latest chapters, I almost feel sorry for Lauder. How long must that resentment and anger have been building up and eating away at him like a cancer? It's almost painful to read.

Monsoon

A-List Customer
Sloan: As others have said, thanks for the work with the trial narrative. Since I really didn't check TFL that much, a lot of the Aero mess slipped under my radar (except for almost getting boned in the Aero USA problem).

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As soon as I read the part about them being part of his salary, I froze for a second. It's the reason that we convict so many felons on tax evasion here in the U.S. You can't have it both ways. Either it's stolen goods or it's legitimate income. If it's legitimate income, how much in taxes did you pay on the goods taken? Because the answer is usually zero, they are caught in a trap.

The same way he claimed he was being compensated for his time with items that supposedly had no value. Can't have that both ways either.

Ha! It can if your time has no value.

pawineguy

One Too Many
After reading the latest chapters, I almost feel sorry for Lauder. How long must that resentment and anger have been building up and eating away at him like a cancer? It's almost painful to read.

+1, with "almost" being the operative word. I do believe, however, that he really did believe he was entitled to what he took.

tropicalbob

Yes, what with the Calder kids coming into the picture and all the hate and resentment, it's starting to sound a bit like a modern Macbeth. Bloody mess.

ProteinNerd

+1, with "almost" being the operative word. I do believe, however, that he really did believe he was entitled to what he took.

Yeah, that's the feeling I'm getting too. Doesn't make it right but there are probably a lot of people that would feel the same if they were in his situation.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Yeah, that's the feeling I'm getting too. Doesn't make it right but there are probably a lot of people that would feel the same if they were in his situation.

Yes, I think this type of resentment is not uncommon, warranted or not. What's unusual is that most just bitch to their friends about it over beers at the pub, and don't resort to felonious behavior.

ProteinNerd

Yeah, there is a big difference between feeling hard done by your employer and actually embezzling £200,000 worth of clothing.

AdeeC

Practically Family
Yes, what with the Calder kids coming into the picture and all the hate and resentment, it's starting to sound a bit like a modern Macbeth. Bloody mess.

Shakespeare would have had fun with this story. I was thinking something more like Richard the Third. You know, the two youthful heirs locked in the tower. And Richard did say something like, "A storse, a storse, my Kingdom for a storse".

AdeeC

Practically Family
Yeah, there is a big difference between feeling hard done by your employer and actually embezzling £200,000 worth of clothing.

Looks like like he planned to jump ship before being pushed but in this case he was going to take the ship down with him.

tropicalbob

Shakespeare would have had fun with this story. I was thinking something more like Richard the Third. You know, the two youthful heirs locked in the tower. And Richard did say something like, "A storse, a storse, my Kingdom for a storse".

Ouch. Actually, I was thinking of Macbeth's weird fury when he finds out that King Duncan is leaving the kingdom to his son, the Prince, of all people.

tropicalbob

What's particularly striking in WL's testimony is his insistence on the words "me," "my," and "mine," even under heavy repeated bombardment from the prosecutor and in front of the judge, as though there is no other viewpoint. He sounds like a child. It's apparent both that he never made the leap from a clock-puncher point-of-view to one of upper management, and that he is completely incapable of doing so, even at this late date.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Familiarity breeds contempt.
Ken's a proper gentleman. He trusted WL, WL took advantage.
But I hope that with the management of Aero being kept within the Calder family, Aero has a long, successful, and secure future ahead.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
None. Four AL staffers gave evidence, including AS, but just WL's family sat in.

Well, this is why your record is so important; you were there for every day of the trial, and are relating all the facts.
People can bury their heads in the sand, they can delude themselves if they want to, but they can't BS anyone about the facts.
Thanks to you, if anyone tries to fool themselves, that's fine, but if they try to fool others, it's all here as plain as day for people to read and make their own minds up.

Yeah, this is getting really tragic here. WL is constantly mentioning overtime and how much hours he had put into the company, and I guess that must be the cause of all this resentment the man is clearly troubled with. If it's not just a **** poor attempt at defending himself, something's obviously haunting him though I don't know what or why... Even if he did feel he wasn't getting paid enough at the time, or whatever, Ken left the entire company in his hands. I'd say that's a damn fair deal.

“I could have gone off to foreign climes with a nubile 18-year-old - that is, if I could have found one,”

Right there! That's what I would have done!
(^_^)☆

Oh, hang on. That is what I did.

I couldn't find one. But I envy you and hope for a better future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112