Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

pawineguy

One Too Many
Nick, I agree with some of your statement, but I disagree that it could have been most of us... this was a long deception of both customers and his employer, not a single mistake in a moment of weakness. And that's just the theft and storse issues... it will be interesting to see what comes out about the patterns, and their potential use by a new company. I assume we may have to wait for civil proceedings for that to play out.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Ken and family did an amazing job of trying to make things right, and move the company forward.

The entire Calder family all performed admirably in regrouping and climbing Mt. Everest. I would like specifically to name Holly as having done a particularly exemplary job of being at the tip of the spear in handing the PR work with all of this. :thumb:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Nick, I agree with some of your statement, but I disagree that it could have been most of us... this was a long deception of both customers and his employer, not a single mistake in a moment of weakness. And that's just the theft and storse issues... it will be interesting to see what comes out about the patterns, and their potential use by a new company. I assume we may have to wait for civil proceedings for that to play out.

What I mean is, any one of us could have been born with our brains wired in such a fashion to commit this act. Sorry for bringing my take up. I was just trying to put things into a grand perspective. It takes away from the fact that Aero really had to go through such an ordeal.

Otter

One Too Many
The entire Calder family all performed admirably in regrouping and climbing Mt. Everest. I would like specifically to name Holly as having done a particularly exemplary job of being at the tip of the spear in handing the PR work with all of this. :thumb:

Seconded! They stood by the company and the product when they could have just stood by. It couldn't have been easy sorting out that unholy mess.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
HD, I beg to differ. Most people do not grasp the concept of forgiveness. Forgiveness is not for the perpetrator but for the victim. Doesn't mean to condone their behavior or to like the wrong-doer. Instead, it dissolves the negative energies that otherwise would keep the issue alive forever. True forgiveness allows the victim to heal emotionally and often also physically, as many physical ailments and diseases are caused by emotional trauma. By not forgiving you don't hurt the perpetrator. The only one getting hurt by nourishing anger, hate and resentment is the one having those feelings.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I agree that the Calders performed admirably. I believe Aero turned out much better and stronger through this ordeal. The customer service is better than ever and the new jacket designs Ken came up with put Aero on a whole new level. The way they handled this issue is exactly the kind of attitude that makes me come back to them and not to a cheaper competitor.

eggleman

One of the Regulars
I agree that the Calders performed admirably. I believe Aero turned out much better and stronger through this ordeal. The customer service is better than ever and the new jacket designs Ken came up with put Aero on a whole new level. The way they handled this issue is exactly the kind of attitude that makes me come back to them and not to a cheaper competitor.

Well said !

HD, I beg to differ. Most people do not grasp the concept of forgiveness. Forgiveness is not for the perpetrator but for the victim. Doesn't mean to condone their behavior or to like the wrong-doer. Instead, it dissolves the negative energies that otherwise would keep the issue alive forever. True forgiveness allows the victim to heal emotionally and often also physically, as many physical ailments and diseases are caused by emotional trauma. By not forgiving you don't hurt the perpetrator. The only one getting hurt by nourishing anger, hate and resentment is the one having those feelings.

Rudie...I do agree with you...but on both fronts it can/should/could work that way...in my view. Perpetrator and victim...and lets not forget 'justice' which is a very important factor that should also figure in these kind of scenarios.
HD

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
It is also a virtuous thing for a perpetrator to apologize and offer restitution if able to do so.

I would go out tonight

One of the Regulars
“That’s the best revenge of all: happiness. Nothing drives people crazier than seeing someone have a good ******* life.”

I think Denny and Holly have been forged in fire and Aero will continue to thrive.

Just to clarify, that is a quote from Chuck Palahniuk who wrote Fight Club and is working on Fight Club 2.

I like to think he also might have said, 'The lapels on that jacket are ridiculous.' (Search the Lounge for the AL Fight Club jacket)

Last edited:

tonypaj

Practically Family

An excellent post. Not much to add...

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It is also a virtuous thing for a perpetrator to apologize and offer restitution if able to do so.

But if he offers you a leather jacket, I'd have a good close look at it first...

Quick straw poll. I was thinking of starting a thread devoted to the trial detail, just for people to read but not comment, the latter of which can be kept for this thread. How do people feel about this?

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
But if he offers you a leather jacket, I'd have a good close look at it first...

Quick straw poll. I was thinking of starting a thread devoted to the trial detail, just for people to read but not comment, the latter of which can be kept for this thread. How do people feel about this?

Sounds like a good idea to me. Can you post the details of the trial and then maybe ask the mods to lock the thread?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I've emailed the mods, but not really heard back from them. [huh] I'll just be doing it a bit at a time, btw, not just one huge chunk.

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many

Excellent idea, especially keeping it closed to comments so that you can keep the posts together. As you noted, it's not something you'll be able to post in one shot.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Hopefully the mods can direct so that you would be the only one with the capability of posting on the thread. Maybe best to hear from the mods before proceeding. We have all waited this long, so ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot