Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Wee update. Today, an attempt at an appeal by Will was rejected at Edinburgh High Court. I wasn't there, but the grounds for the appeal were said to be that the sheriff at the original trial had not explained what 'theft' meant to the jury in his summing up.
He will not have any recourse to appeal this decision, but as a non-violent criminal, Will will not be returned to prison and will serve out of the rest of his sentence with a leg tag. On a brighter side, it means that the sale of booty will appear some time soon(ish).

Wee update. Today, an attempt at an appeal by Will was rejected at Edinburgh High Court. I wasn't there, but the grounds for the appeal were said to be that the sheriff at the original trial had not explained what 'theft' meant to the jury in his summing up.
He will not have any recourse to appeal this decision, but as a non-violent criminal, Will will not be returned to prison and will serve out of the rest of his sentence with a leg tag. On a brighter side, it means that the sale of booty will appear some time soon(ish).
Pardon my ignorance but I assume you mean that the stolen Aero merch will be returned to them and posted on their sale page?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Pardon my ignorance but I assume you mean that the stolen Aero merch will be returned to them and posted on their sale page?
Not sure how it'll be done. There's such a huge amount of stuff, I'm not sure it'll be done via the standard sale page. There had been plans for a Grand Theft Aero Sale last summer, but don't know how it'll be done - they've still got the logistical nightmare of getting the stuff back from the court!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Craig, thanks for the updated information. It might prove interesting to see who his next employer is.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I'm certain someone at Aero will carefully assess and label accordingly. At least Aero will be provided some measure of reimbursement for the stolen jackets.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Craig, thanks for the updated information. It might prove interesting to see who his next employer is.

bernard-madoff.jpg

or

03fraud6.jpg

or

03fraud5.jpg

or

21_lou_lgl.jpg

or

john-and-timothy-rigas.jpg

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Initially I was really against "taking advantage" and trying to get a cheap jacket out of Aeros misfortune but I guess the situation is what it is and if Aero can get some compensation out of it, it's better for them.

It will be interesting to see what was "collected" and what the prices will be.

Anyone know what size WL was lol?

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars

Right at this moment there is a lot to figure out, firstly liasing with police / courts on having the recovered goods signed over to us, then the rather massive job of cataloging and taking stock of what is actually there.
The how and the when of a 'sale' is yet to be figured out but it is going to be much more than just a 'sale' it is going to be a special event where we can also introduce some very exciting new things for Aero. It truly is going to be a case of onwards and upwards.
It has been a very long and uncomfortable period for us approaching 4 years, but we are extremely happy that finally we seem to have come to the end of it all and we can just put the whole sorry affair behind us and move on.
2016 is going to be a very exciting year for Aero........ Watch this space!

dan_t

Practically Family
I think it would be a fair thing to say that no one here takes any pleasure from the terrible misfortune that was this whole sorry chapter.
Nor would anyone really want to profit at Aero's expense.
If however there are quality jackets that need to be moved on to recoup some expenses, I dare say that there is a very willing audience here.
When the time comes, I trust that Aero will communicate the process clearly & fairly; we'll all just have to be a little more patient (not one of my personal strong points...)
I just hope the opportunity is open to their global audience, rather than a physical store near the factory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24