Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I mentioned it because Big J wrote in the Simmons Bilt thread

" why is it that every one involved with AL/defending AL on the lounge, seems to have exactly the same problems with spelling, sentence structure, grammar, and punctuation? "

Knives out, is it? I'm up for it.

I already admitted that I make spelling errors (although I very rarely make grammatical ones).
The point you now bring up is that I pointed out that 3 Alexander shills/trolls may have been sock puppets since they all identically posted comments with such poor grammar, spelling and syntax that I could only assume that the Lounge had attracted 3 Alexander fans with either an identical mental illness, or that said three were all making second-party postings via thier semi-litterate junior high children.
Or that it was the same person with multiple accounts.
What's your problem with that?

hpalapdog

One of the Regulars
Knives out, is it? I'm up for it.

I already admitted that I make spelling errors (although I very rarely make grammatical ones).
The point you now bring up is that I pointed out that 3 Alexander shills/trolls may have been sock puppets since they all identically posted comments with such poor grammar, spelling and syntax that I could only assume that the Lounge had attracted 3 Alexander fans with either an identical mental illness, or that said three were all making second-party postings via thier semi-litterate junior high children.
Or that it was the same person with multiple accounts.
What's your problem with that?

That's not the point I'm making.... "thier semi-litterate" ! :eusa_clap

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/semi-literate

Yes, some people are easy to spot. KC for instance uses the same errors repeatedly as does someone at AL.

Last edited:

hpalapdog

One of the Regulars
Back on topic ! Reading through the court notes I noticed retail valuations were being used. I was wondering if wholesale or retail figures are normally used in valuing company stock in hand for annual accounts ?
WL didn't seem to challenge the high valuations being used by the prosecution for jeans and leather jackets.

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lol I dont think that's the point, whether he stole £200k retail or £100k wholesale it's still a significant theft.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
That's not the point I'm making.... "thier semi-litterate" ! :eusa_clap

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/semi-literate

I guess you didn't read the reply I wrote to this point earlier today where I explained how that happened? Or that you read it, and you don't care, because your intention is to troll?

What does my spelling error have to do with the Will Lauder fraud conviction?

Your handle, 'hpalapdog', is that 'hpa' as in History Preservation Associates? I can't imagine Charles signing off on this.

Peacoat

Bartender
What ever happened to Jan? I used to love him and his tree.

Used to be all you had to do was ask for an opinion on an Aero pocket, lining, or hide and he'd post up just about any hour of the day. Took great pics too, including the iconic tree. Sorta like Dav's stone entry and a certain red barn...

I have been wondering the same thing. Just sent him an email, but he is probably in bed as it is around 2:00 AM in Germany. Hopefully, I will hear back from him tomorrow.

When I got up this morning, there was an email from Jan explaining his absence and catching me up on his recent activities. As I thought, his job has taken a lot more time recently than it had before. There are several other factors at play, but that is the major one.

He also sent pictures of leather work he has been doing--belts, scabbards, cases, etc. As might be expected, he is quite the artist. I was very impressed with his work, but not surprised at his craftsmanship.

So, for you HanSolo fans, and I know there are a bunch, he is alive, in good health and doing well (as is the tree). PC.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm a writer who can't spell, like many other much better writers - F Scott Fitzgerald springs to mind. It doesn't matter much. Worse than this are ugly ideas and inadequate scholarship written in beautifully correct grammar and spelling.

Much worse are the cliches that abound on many other forums. The FL is mercifully free of those really irritating misspellings (boyz) or regular ones like "gotcherback!" If it's true, as George Orwell pointed out, that every cliche is the death of a thought, then jeans forums are graveyards.

tonypaj

Practically Family
I'm a writer who can't spell, like many other much better writers - F Scott Fitzgerald springs to mind. It doesn't matter much. Worse than this are ugly ideas and inadequate scholarship written in beautifully correct grammar and spelling.

Yes, but then grammar is pretty much objective and ideas are pretty much subjective. Thus, how you formulate your ideas (ugly or not is irrelevant) is important. Especially these days when everything you write is often public immediately, if someone wishes so.

Edward

Bartender
Back on topic ! Reading through the court notes I noticed retail valuations were being used. I was wondering if wholesale or retail figures are normally used in valuing company stock in hand for annual accounts ?
WL didn't seem to challenge the high valuations being used by the prosecution for jeans and leather jackets.

Retail price is the standard measure used in such a case as had the item(s) not been stolen, the legal owner of said items would have been able to sell them for that price. Thus, that's their true value. I should think that WL's counsel's omitted to challenge the figures given on grounds that any such move would be on a hiding to nothing.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Exactly. If the idea is that Aero 'only lost' the wholesale price that they'd paid, then that's ridiculous. The fact is that the stock was bought and stored by a business with overheads and costs, so the theft of it by Lauder was effectively depriving them of selling these goods to support the business, cover costs and, of course, make a profit.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Yes, but then grammar is pretty much objective and ideas are pretty much subjective. Thus, how you formulate your ideas (ugly or not is irrelevant) is important. Especially these days when everything you write is often public immediately, if someone wishes so.

My point (which was intended to be somewhat flippant) is that I find it even worse when people express very primitive and ugly ideas (such as racism) with superb grammar and immaculate spelling, thus dignifying their primitivism with a pretty package and a veneer of scholarship. I was underscoring a paradox.

How people present ideas is kind of important, I agree, but I wouldn't say grammar is objective. Grammar is flexible and changes over time. No one writes 'phone for telephone anymore, for instance. Are ideas subjective? Some but many are not. Depends whether they are based on fact. ;) If I write Aero produces well made, hand crafted leather garments that is objective.

tonypaj

Practically Family
Depends whether they are based on fact. ;) If I write Aero produces well made, hand crafted leather garments that is objective.

Made me smile... Seriously, though, facts change. I work for an organisation whose sole purpose is to challenge what we consider facts (in a specific area). But this gets too serious, back to leather jackets. Fact is that my modified Stuart from the previous regime is my favourite jacket...

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I assume whatever it is they are currently teasing took all their time and efforts in the past weeks and they will adress the dealing with the recovered jackets once this current project is done and going.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's all been locked up in legal bureaucracy, from what I understand. Massively frustrating for Aero, but their hands are tied for the foreseeable future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24