Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Levity aside, if one looks at all of the jackets designed by Ken, he seems to pick the vintage ones that are understated, elegant, functional, but not "busy" in design. The guy definitely has an artistic flair not seen with another unnamed source. ;)

devilish

A-List Customer
I love this style of coat but I really think to truly pull it off you need a bi-plane or a pre-war motorcycle. Otherwise it is just over the line into the cosplay realm.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I remember, back when Ken retook control of the company, a couple of people complaining of his lack of sensitivity to their wants about mods and how amenable WL was. I think that one of the most obvious things to have emerged in these discussions in the absolute lack of any real design sense at AL/SB. Design sense is not often tangible, but, boy, do you miss it when it's not there.

I've always understood that were there was resistance to alterations, it was when they jarred with Aero's aesthetic or required ridiculous changes to patterns - if you create a one-off, tapir of a jacket (part zebra, part donkey), but it doesn't fit or doesn't work, then Aero is lumbered with it, ie a Windward with a mandarin collar.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think the HG-5 was a group effort from another forum. Butte had one, and looking at it, to me it looks like a Highwayman front with a half-belt back. But I think if the parts 'fit', then Aero don't have a problem - I still think a Bootlegger front with a Sun Burst back would look great.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
An ankle-length coat would be unsuitable for daily use, imho. But I would love to see Mr. Calders take on a 3/4 length-ish coat, maybe he'll tweak his interpretation of the RFC lengthwise? Hoping doesn't hurt, I guess.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I love this style of coat but I really think to truly pull it off you need a bi-plane or a pre-war motorcycle. Otherwise it is just over the line into the cosplay realm.

No, I'd love one of those for when I'm driving my Rolls.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Sorry , but whenever you mention this I automatically think of Rick Mayall as Captain, Lord Flasheart. :)

And a fine role model he was too!

6574d789b7ee9cc6f32049957b0bad62.jpg

I think the HG-5 was a group effort from another forum. Butte had one, and looking at it, to me it looks like a Highwayman front with a half-belt back. But I think if the parts 'fit', then Aero don't have a problem - I still think a Bootlegger front with a Sun Burst back would look great.

Yeah I had one. Excellent if not altogether exciting nor trim fitting.
I like my 50's HBD better, but that got the JanSolo treatment with lots of custom stuff. A-2-esque buttoned collar, leather hem inside, corduroy pockets, and a nice heavy sheepie removable collar.

Edward

Bartender
I still have the notion of a Barnstormer, 8-12" longer than standard, with a long pile mouton collar, a la Manfred Von Richthoffen. A below-knee leather trench in the right hide would be quite something for rainwear, though.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I still have the notion of a Barnstormer, 8-12" longer than standard, with a long pile mouton collar, a la Manfred Von Richthoffen. A below-knee leather trench in the right hide would be quite something for rainwear, though.

Yeeees, that would be nice!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yeah I had one. Excellent if not altogether exciting nor trim fitting.
I like my 50's HBD better, but that got the JanSolo treatment with lots of custom stuff. A-2-esque buttoned collar, leather hem inside, corduroy pockets, and a nice heavy sheepie removable collar.

What ever happened to Jan? I used to love him and his tree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner