Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I was the only reporter there, so you'll struggle to find any info elsewhere. However, I do have 40-odd typed pages of day-by-day notes, so I'm pretty comprehensive! ;)

Sloan, I appreciate you sharing with us. It's very kind of you. You could just have easily said nothing and told us to read your report in the newspaper. After all, you gotta make a living. Thanks for letting us know.

coanda

New in Town
Will Lauder of Alexander Leather found guilty by majority verdict at Edinburgh Sheriff Court, of theft of £194,825 worth of stock belonging to Aero Leather Clothing.

Will Lauder of Alexander Leathers?

Why are the two inexorably linked?

Indeed was this how Mr Lauder was referred to doing the court proceedings?

A quick search of the web makes no mention of Alexander Leathers in relation to this case (or at least that I can find)

Will Lauder does not appear to have ever been a director of Alexander Leathers.

Why more to the point are we so concerned and vitriolic on a forum dedicated to clothing so interested in the misfortune of an individual many of us here have had the pleasure of dealing with over many years?

To be clear I have know know Will for many years through Aero and more recently at Alexander, It has been a privilege to call him a friend over the years, And I will continue to do so.

Have I ever had any problems or issues, the answer is no, Indeed I have no problems in any dealings with either Aero or Alexander’s at any time, both I have found to be high creditable companies with professional and friendly staff. Both are a true credit to Scotland.

So why this continual attempt to demean Alexander?

Is there an unspoken agenda on the part of some here?

If so I have to ask is this really the place to air these grievances, if the grievances relate to the service or quality of the company, fine, if it as appears nothing more than a vitriolic attack this surelt is not a suitable stage on which to mount this attack?

With regards to all
Rick

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
You can do what you like, but AL were mentioned time and again in the court case, so it's entirely reasonable to raise them. The use of the company's name was also to make sure Will was not mixed up with any other Will Lauders out there.
But why don't you wait until you see the story rather than speculating and second-guessing what happened, and see how you feel at the end? This case has everything to do with this forum, btw, as we form a significant part of their customer-base and some of the evidence in the trial.
This was as much to do with a breach of trust by Will against his customers as was against the company, that's why it's everyone takes it so seriously.

coanda

New in Town
You can do what you like, but AL were mentioned time and again in the court case, so it's entirely reasonable to raise them. The use of the company's name was also to make sure Will was not mixed up with any other Will Lauders out there.
But why don't you wait until you see the story rather than speculating and second-guessing what happened, and see how you feel at the end? This case has everything to do with this forum, btw, as we form a significant part of their customer-base and some of the evidence in the trial.
This was as much to do with a breach of trust by Will against his customers as was against the company, that's why it's everyone takes it so seriously.

So Will was referred to in the court documentation as Will Lauder of Alexander Leathers?

I assume by your reply that the "story" when released will vindicate your denigration of Alexander Leather as a producer of garments, and indeed the integrity of this company. If not I am sorry but I feel you tone and continued attacks are nothing but vitriolic rhetoric, as such I fail to see how this has anything to do with this forum.
Do we question as to whether the BBC should be able to continue in business just because them at one time employed Rolf Harris? No he was an employee. Nothing more nothing less.
Regards
Rick

Big J

Call Me a Cab
So Will was referred to in the court documentation as Will Lauder of Alexander Leathers?

I assume by your reply that the "story" when released will vindicate your denigration of Alexander Leather as a producer of garments, and indeed the integrity of this company. If not I am sorry but I feel you tone and continued attacks are nothing but vitriolic rhetoric, as such I fail to see how this has anything to do with this forum.
Do we question as to whether the BBC should be able to continue in business just because them at one time employed Rolf Harris? No he was an employee. Nothing more nothing less.
Regards
Rick

Will Lauder and Rolf Harris in the same comment? That'll do his reputation a load of good on a google search.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Alexander Leathers came up in the bulk of the defence's case, Rick.
AL and, indeed, Iron Heart formed an integral part of the case as whole - not least there was evidence regarding the source of AL's patterns.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Really, there is very little that's been discussed here for the past two and bit years that didn't get an airing! Storse, Iron Heart, patterns, Mark Moyes, the events of September 2012, eBay sales, A-2 patches, Denny's and Holly's jackets, it's all there. That's why it took three weeks

pawineguy

One Too Many

Regards
Rick

How would the initial post have ANY CONTEXT if it just referred to Will Lauder? And if you weren't in the courtroom, how would YOU know if Sloan's story would or should vindicate Alexander Leather's? There's an awful lot of ways that the now adjudicated theft of Aero property could have helped Alexander Leathers, but I won't speculate on any of that until I read Sloan's piece. Finally, I think you fail to see the flip side of this coin. Many here have done business with and been friendly with the Aero ownership who WERE ROBBED of a significant amount. How about saving some of your sympathy for the actual victim?

pawineguy

One Too Many
Alexander Leathers came up in the bulk of the defence's case, Rick.
AL and, indeed, Iron Heart formed an integral part of the case as whole - not least there was evidence regarding the source of AL's patterns.

Exactly, the patterns are what I am very curious to hear about.

Damo

A-List Customer
This is an interesting read. I always found myself questioning what happened between Aero and Alexanders Leather. Please correct me if I'm wrong but did Alexanders start by aero employees venturing off on their own and forming Alexander Leathers?

I also got a sense that many members were not fond of Alexanders Leathers. I guess this case was the reason...

This is an interesting read. I always found myself questioning what happened between Aero and Alexanders Leather. Please correct me if I'm wrong but did Alexanders start by aero employees venturing off on their own and forming Alexander Leathers?

I also got a sense that many members were not fond of Alexanders Leathers. I guess this case was the reason...

Other than the Storse scandal followed by the change in management, I don't know the whole story myself, but the reason why I'm not fond of Alexander Leathers at all is because of the above mentioned patters. Whatever the circumstances this company was created in were, and the quality of their wears aside (which from what I've seen is as good as it gets), it is plain obvious that they haven't had a single original idea in their heads.

Last edited:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Again, I'd be very careful of what I said, as certain comments made above sound like possible "baiting." The earlier remarks by Edward are very sound advice.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Basically, in Scots and English law, there is a qualified privilege given to reporters. As long as I relate what was said/happened accurately, even if what was said was a lie - which believe me there were a fair few of those - then I am protected from prosecution.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Again, I'd be very careful of what I said, as certain comments made above sound like possible "baiting." The earlier remarks by Edward are very sound advice.

Yeah, if this forum has any part of it , I'd refrain from personal commentary for the time being too unless I was directly involved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner