Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I think it's fair to suggest they could, perhaps, handle the situation better, however it's also worth restating that, per the Contempt of Court Act 1981 (which also covers Scotland), the criminal legal proceedings against Will Lauder are still active, and for any of the parties concerned to issue a statement of any real significance prior to the conclusion of proceedings with the sentencing on 29th May would be unwise. I'd would certainly expect we'll see a statement from Aero then, likely also Alexander Leathers. Perhaps IH will make some sort of statement then too.

OK I see this thread is back and up and running again. Just after Edward posted his warning this morning, I had planned to reference his brief statement and suggest that others best back off any specific company, such as IH and/or AL, at least until after sentencing. Edward's brief statement in his post was like a light bulb suddenly turning on for me, and perhaps illustrating the reason why IH and AL likely chose not to make ANY public statement. However, before I could say what I wanted, I noted that PADDY had closed the thread after first properly telling us all off, probably including me as well.

Anyhow, I continue to look forward to the rest of what Sloan has to say. If anything that I have said previously gives offence to the owner(s) of TFL, I offer my apology.

....I noted that PADDY had closed the thread after first properly telling us all off, probably including me as well.

Anyhow, I continue to look forward to the rest of what Sloan has to say. If anything that I have said previously gives offence to the owner(s) of TFL, I offer my apology.

Yes...and I do think that Paddy made some very good points in his post, that all who had a chance to read it, should perhaps consider. That was the point of my previous post about a civil tone. Exhibiting a certain appearance of glee or celebration even with justice being served can come across (if even so slightly) as a pitch forked mob softly chanting for more. I'm not accusing anyone specifically but the combined disposition/mood while discussing these serious life changing events can come across as off putting with a somewhat ruthless pitch to some.
Just my 2¢ fellers...that's all.
HD

Last edited:

samo

One of the Regulars
Paddy's comments were the most sensible read in thread. Majority forgot that the real people is commented here and it hurts? Unfortunatelly, it seems that this will not stop?

Don't really think that this thread will go on and on,samo. The trial narrative thread should be concluded in a matter of days and then this thread will most likely fade away. Of course sentencing will be at the end of this month with possible after affects that may come later....but who knows what coming news flashes lay ahead......
HD

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Yes...and I do think that Paddy made some very good points in his post, that all who had a chance to read it, should perhaps consider. That was the point of my previous post about a civil tone. Exhibiting a certain appearance of glee or celebration even with justice being served can come across (if even so slightly) as a pitch forked mob softly chanting for more. I'm not accusing anyone specifically but the combined disposition/mood while discussing these serious life changing events can come across as off putting with a somewhat ruthless pitch to some.
Just my 2¢ fellers...that's all.
HD

Yes, I agree with that and Paddy’s post earlier. Some of the gloating here has been distasteful.

HD cannot be accused of being an apologist for AL either. He is well known for championing Aero.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I am with Paddy 100%.

Whilst I hope that the law comes down very heavily on WL for his despicable behaviour, I am saddened by the gleeful mob mentality which has imbued this thread. People putting up popcorn emoticons, comparing this to the next upcoming episode of Game of Thrones.

These are real people, WL's wife and child will have to live with this, the people from AL and IH in some way shape and form will have to live with this, be affected by this, whether they were right or wrong.

It would have been nice to see some measured comments to Sloan's exemplary commentary of this case, but some in this thread has behaved like a pack of wild dogs.

As Paddy posted, this is not the FL I knew when I first signed up.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
I am with Paddy 100%.

Whilst I hope that the law comes down very heavily on WL for his despicable behaviour, I am saddened by the gleeful mob mentality which has imbued this thread. People putting up popcorn emoticons, comparing this to the next upcoming episode of Game of Thrones.

These are real people, WL's wife and child will have to live with this, the people from AL and IH in some way shape and form will have to live with this, be affected by this, whether they were right or wrong.

It would have been nice to see some measured comments to Sloan's exemplary commentary of this case, but some in this thread has behaved like a pack of wild dogs.

As Paddy posted, this is not the FL I knew when I first signed up.

I too am with Paddy and Smithy on this one - unlike many here, I haven't been affected by the reported activities. Perhaps if I had been directly involved I might feel differently, but the clamour and schadenfreude expressed in the posts leaves a sour taste.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Also, this chapter contains the stuff that'll be coming up in the Grand Theft Aero sale! (not the children's jackets obviously).

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Also, this chapter contains the stuff that'll be coming up in the Grand Theft Aero sale! (not the children's jackets obviously).

All of those goods have been stored now for the better part of two years as I recall. Correct?

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks again for your efforts, Craig. By the way, was WL's wife called up for questioning? Was she implicated? I'm trying to imagine my wife's reaction if I tried to store that many leather jackets in our house.

Jägernaut

Practically Family
The strong disapproval being displayed for this thread doesnt quite warrant the gross exageration in the description of those interested in this story. "A pack of wild dogs"? "Gleeful"? I dont see it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy