Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Nothing surprises me much anymore... There will be people here who will defend WL and make excuses for him just as there were/are people who defended Mark Moye as he skipped out with thousands of stolen dollars from customers. However, every once in a while (not often enough for my liking) these "white collar" perps get a wake up call in the form of the sound of a slamming cell door. One can only hope...

Worf

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Nah, I'm sorry, that's just apologism to me.
Will Lauder committed crimes. End of story.

Yeah, sure, there's a million and one reasons why he might have decided to go down that path, and I don't care what they are, because I make choices not to commit crimes.
Dissatisfaction with pay and conditions? He should've quit and got another job if he didn't like it, not start stealing from customers and the company.

Stop making excuses for him, he's got a paid lawyer for that.

Even if you can’t grasp the difference between understanding and condoning, do try not to get personal. You know what happened to the thread the last time you did.

pawineguy

One Too Many
From my reading of the evidence he started selling some stuff on eBay at around the time he took over which seems to have been patches mostly. But it was only later in 2007 that it was established that he started stealing expensive items. His relationship with the artist DD is quite interesting in that regard since they seemed to have had many dealings, and he testified that he gave items to WL which he then sold.

The charge sheet will alway stipulate a timescale when alleged offences took place and will always be broad to cover eventualities. So the date of 2004 is really the date WL took over, not necessary when any offences took place. In fact WL only started helping himself to jackets a few years later.

How do you know this as a fact??? That's an odd statement to make unless you are friends with Will and have knowledge of when he started taking jackets.

Edit: Not accusing you of knowing anything but just because no earlier jackets were found doesn't make it a fact that he didn't steal any earlier.

Last edited:

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Nothing surprises me much anymore... There will be people here who will defend WL and make excuses for him just as there were/are people who defended Mark Moye as he skipped out with thousands of stolen dollars from customers. However, every once in a while (not often enough for my liking) these "white collar" perps get a wake up call in the form of the sound of a slamming cell door. One can only hope...

Worf

I hope you are not saying that I am one of the people defending him. Because even a quick reading of what I wrote can’t be taken as that.

My father got taken to the cleaners by his store manager when he owned a restaurant. He had to shut it down in the end. Running a business is really tough. Once it gets to a certain size, you need help. Sometimes people take advantage of your trust. I'm so glad that KC and family were able to get everything under control and come out ok (with even more great designs) on the other side. Good job to Aero for staying the course and moving on and up!

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
How do you know this as a fact??? That's an odd statement to make unless you are friends with Will and have knowledge of when he started taking jackets.

Here we go again so I must be a friend of his. Why must I? Because I try to understand human nature rather than condemn in a knee jerk way? How do I know what is a fact? I’m reading the account and that’s what I inferred from it that’s why. It is a bit hard to follow since it jumps around chronologically to cover different events, but that is I think what seems to have happened.

I should not have to defend what I write simply because you and some others here don’t like my views. But I have spoken to him on the phone once and I have never met him. I’ve spoken on the phone to KC and LC and HC a lot more times than that. As well as AS who I always dealt with when they were running things there.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
He took an unaged VLC jacket while Ken was in the building, as I noted in my narrative.

Sorry I missed your post just then. Yes, that was before 2004 presumably, so he was a bit light fingered then. But I dare say some others helped themselves a bit because that’s what happens in workplaces. The systematic stealing of higher priced items seems to have begun later if I read the account correctly.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Here we go again so I must be a friend of his. Why must I? Because I try to understand human nature rather than condemn in a knee jerk way? How do I know what is a fact? I’m reading the account and that’s what I inferred from it that’s why. It is a bit hard to follow since it jumps around chronologically to cover different events, but that is I think what seems to have happened.

I should not have to defend what I write simply because you and some others here don’t like my views. But I have spoken to him on the phone once and I have never met him. I’ve spoken on the phone to KC and LC and HC a lot more times than that. As well as AS who I always dealt with when they were running things there.

Fair enough, just wanted to clarify that it wasn't a fact and that you didn't have knowledge that the rest of us don't.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
PLUS ONE with what Otter just said. Some of us will simply have to agree to disagree with what others say and not carry it to a personal level. The only thing I can say is that I know what WL did (he WAS convicted) but can only speculate what his motivation or state of mind was when all of this was active.

Girl on a Motorcycle

New in Town
So jackets were going from 2003?
And here's a thought: do we only have Will's word that he truly was working ridiculous hours, as professed in new evidence?
It's not mentioned in anyone else's testimony, except as hearsay from Will

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
So jackets were going from 2003?
And here's a thought: do we only have Will's word that he truly was working ridiculous hours, as professed in new evidence?
It's not mentioned in anyone else's testimony, except as hearsay from Will

Good point. And what was he doing while he was there and perhaps no one else was present but him?

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I'm not gloating, but I am very shocked.
Jackets stolen while they were in production?
And: stealing children's jackets?
If someone in this wide world(not related to this forum thread or posts) would steal charity collections etc, I am sure there would be someone out there who would steal childrens jackets, even though it may be pretty certain what source they came from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy