Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Premier HWY, 40, Seal Goatskin

jglf

A-List Customer
Unfortunately this jacket is a little too small for me in all dimensions. Worn under 10 times. This jacket is very slim so not for anyone with a belly. I’m 5’9” 165lbs with 41” chest and 32” waist.

Size 40 tapered to 38
Requested thickest goatskin
Moleskin lining in body and sleeves
Antique brass hardware

$650 shipped conus PP FF or +3.5%
Located NE Philly
44C3E1EB-D83C-4CE2-8C23-159E5EFC07AB.jpeg
1069E57A-7CB0-423D-BBC6-DF1CB103BE0F.jpeg
262F0BB5-AB1C-4F7F-B1C4-F94E75FB6543.jpeg
D2BF464F-E582-4479-B7CD-E0CD327EB998.jpeg
8F13C4A1-EC55-4C0C-99FF-C2D6240301B4.jpeg
12703DDB-CBE2-4EAF-B9D5-84C9181EF0FC.jpeg

Last edited:

Leatherbirdsoul

One of the Regulars
What Ton said. Exact fit and nice goat.

It's unfortunate you feel a little constricted. I have a goat that's snug but it's a forgiving leather once worn in a bit...

Plus it matches perfectly with your bounty hunters.

jglf

A-List Customer
Unfortunately the jacket only looks like it fits when I’m posing. It kind of has that one size too small normally and it doesn’t help that I never tuck in my shirts. This fit also still has a convex pattern where my body type looks better in a concave one.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Goatskin Moleskin!
That looks gorgeous. The fit looks perfect as well. Maybe just pay the price of comfort to cash in on the looks? :)
Can you comment on the moleskin lining?
I'm really torn between heavy duty cotton drill and moleskin for my future Aero order.
Moleskin just looks so comfortable and soft, yet I have heard that it is very hard wearing and durable.
In terms of warmth (making the jacket less universal throughout the year) and durability - how would you compare them?
Would love others, who have more experience, to chime in as well.

sshack

A-List Customer
Unfortunately the jacket only looks like it fits when I’m posing. It kind of has that one size too small normally and it doesn’t help that I never tuck in my shirts. This fit also still has a convex pattern where my body type looks better in a concave one.
I have friends who do a lot of celebrity styling and fashion photography. And this fit reminds me of the "adjustments" they used to make. Basically, they made everything look super-fitted at the front of the clothing and the back of the outfit was cinched in by a mess of pins. In other words, as OP mentioned, the great tailored look works well in pictures, but rarely translates to a comfy real-world fit.

Last edited:

jglf

A-List Customer
Exactly..if all the dimensions were 1/2” bigger, I think I would keep this jacket. You can especially tell in the back picture we’re the jacket is hugging my lats tightly giving me limited mobility when moving around. The sleeves and length also creep up while in motion leading to that one size too small look with shirt untucked.

This jacket is ideally for a person 5’9”, 150lbs, 38” chest, 30” waist.

sshack

A-List Customer
Exactly..if all the dimensions were 1/2” bigger, I think I would keep this jacket. You can especially tell in the back picture we’re the jacket is hugging my lats tightly giving me limited mobility when moving around. The sleeves and length also creep up while in motion leading to that one size too small look with shirt untucked.

This jacket is ideally for a person 5’9”, 150lbs, 38” chest, 30” waist.
The silver lining is-- a tight-fitted jacket looks great on you! Not many people (myself included) can pull that off! All the celebs at awards ceremonies (tis the season) are 100% sucking in their guts during pics, are strapped in with spanx, angling their chin up to look leaner, hiding their big thighs by crossing one behind the other... in other words, it's all fake an they're all wishing they could be wearing sweats, lol.

Now on to the business at hand-- the grain on this goatskin looks super cool!

jglf

A-List Customer
Goatskin Moleskin!
That looks gorgeous. The fit looks perfect as well. Maybe just pay the price of comfort to cash in on the looks? :)
Can you comment on the moleskin lining?
I'm really torn between heavy duty cotton drill and moleskin for my future Aero order.
Moleskin just looks so comfortable and soft, yet I have heard that it is very hard wearing and durable.
In terms of warmth (making the jacket less universal throughout the year) and durability - how would you compare them?
Would love others, who have more experience, to chime in as well.
Moleskin is my favorite lining if I’m wearing the jacket with t-shirts or thin long sleeve shirts. Very warm and durable and comfortable to wear. I never felt overheated while wearing this jacket up into the 50’s.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
@jglf Up to 50f/10c with a t-shirt eh? I'd like to wear my jacket up to 15c-20c at least. That's why I'm wondering whether it's a good idea to try the moleskin over the regular heavy cotton drill or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot