Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero/LVC Rockabilly now called Rockafella in size 36, received today.

wdw

One Too Many
zhz, I suppose if you take the £30 off for the lining material, assuming you choose from their stock, then you have the sleeve shortening and removing the original lining, it's not too outrageous.

I had a sleeve shortening and leather tapering done for a similar price, so it's in the same ballpark. The lining would just be a luxury, though, albeit a nice one, so maybe just do the shortening.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Ken told me last year that this contract was made from russet goatskin. It's a lovely design.

smoothsailor

One of the Regulars
excuse me to heist this thread.
Would this jacket work with a mouton shawl collar ? The collar looks similar to the barnstormer.
Thanks

zhz

Practically Family
zhz, I suppose if you take the £30 off for the lining material, assuming you choose from their stock, then you have the sleeve shortening and removing the original lining, it's not too outrageous.

I had a sleeve shortening and leather tapering done for a similar price, so it's in the same ballpark. The lining would just be a luxury, though, albeit a nice one, so maybe just do the shortening.

Thanks for the tip, I think I will send it back later this year Since the waiting time is 6 to 12 weeks, still want to wear it for a short period.

Well, they were rare until 6mo. ago. The seller is going off of other LVC prices (as new) believing it is a collectible, not knowing about the re-issue by Aero I'll bet. Timing is everything :)

Denton

One of the Regulars
If anyone was wondering about the further adventures of zhz's jacket, I bought it from him in the classifieds and have been wearing it a lot this year. As for the leather, my personal opinion is that it appears to be goat, but I have only seen a couple other examples of goat.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yep, no way it's goat. And we all know how from the Great Storse Controversy how hard it is to tell the other two from each other!

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here

horse+head+on+cow.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points