Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero/LVC Rockabilly now called Rockafella in size 36, received today.

Denton

One of the Regulars
Hm, I don't know, guys. You know a lot more about leather than I do, so if it doesn't look like goat to you, you are probably right. On the other hand, I think the word from Aero is that they used goat leather for these jackets.

The issue could be that I took pictures of the panels that had interesting patina and creasing. Some of the other panels have a more uniform, pebbly surface.

Tropicalbob, I remember that zhz's measurements seemed alarmingly small, and the jacket looked small when I first held it, but the fit is excellent. The jacket's shape is not at all like the shape of my body -- it's an unnatural shape with inhuman angles -- but quite comfortable. I have always liked the collar.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Denton, it's horse [edit: wrote goat but meant horse]. I am the one who convinced Ken to bring this jacket back and make me a one-off. As it turned out very well they decided to make the jacket available to everyone. Ken told me that the LVC batch came in mid-weight horse and in whipcord.

Last edited:
Post from October 2014...

A description on an old ebay listing of this jacket.
"This beautiful brown steerhide leather 1930s-style jacket was manufactured for LVC by Aero Leather for the A/W 03 collection in a size 40 with a copper coloured viscose lining. It has a half belted rear, two side pockets and one external buttoned chest pocket."

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Lol, I just realized I made the same mistake twice. I had already answered to this thread stating it was goat when in fact I meant to write horse.

Confusion to our enemies!

zhz

Practically Family
Hm, I don't know, guys. You know a lot more about leather than I do, so if it doesn't look like goat to you, you are probably right. On the other hand, I think the word from Aero is that they used goat leather for these jackets.

The issue could be that I took pictures of the panels that had interesting patina and creasing. Some of the other panels have a more uniform, pebbly surface.

Tropicalbob, I remember that zhz's measurements seemed alarmingly small, and the jacket looked small when I first held it, but the fit is excellent. The jacket's shape is not at all like the shape of my body -- it's an unnatural shape with inhuman angles -- but quite comfortable. I have always liked the collar.

I am glad to know it is fit you well and you like the jacket.

Denton

One of the Regulars
Ah, now I understand! It's a relief to see Rudie's information from the maker lining up with the impressions of the leather connoisseurs. Thanks everyone, thanks again to zhz for the jacket, and a big thanks to Rudie for reviving this style.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looking over the photos in this thread I'm developing a serious lust for this jacket. Funny how certain jackets, such as the Pegasus Marseille Luftwaffe, look too "young" in the advertising shots but much more wearable in the wild. I'm seeing this in black after a year or two of wear. Thank you, Denton, for the additional photos.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Looking over the photos in this thread I'm developing a serious lust for this jacket. Funny how certain jackets, such as the Pegasus Marseille Luftwaffe, look too "young" in the advertising shots but much more wearable in the wild. I'm seeing this in black after a year or two of wear. Thank you, Denton, for the additional photos.

Totally a TBob jacket. You could wear it. I think that goat suede would look pretty good on you. But I don't know what you look like. But still. I can sense goat suede or russet Vicenza for TBob.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
This is Aero's old goatskin.
IMG_1383.JPG

This is my Rockafella in the new goatskin.
IMG_1533.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass