Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Modified Sunburst

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Dan you did quite well for yourself. I have two recent Aero purchases with goatskin and have a similar experience as yours. Congratulations.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
probably grasses they were fed with were so much juicier up there compared to goats living in my country are fed with, those grains are so rich.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I forgot to say I really like that Talon zipper with rivets at the bottom of the jacket.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I wish my "action backs" fit like that. Sigh..... That jacket is crankin' and it fits you perfectly... Well done, we certainly needed something beautiful to look at round here...

Worf

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Whoa beautiful jacket!
It's quite similar to my Californian, I looove it!
That goat looks quite amazing, congrats!!!

Cooperson

One Too Many
Dan - many thanks for sharing this, it's like a breath of fresh air on this forum right now. Ok, so I've seen so many photos of custom ordered jackets here but this has to be up there with the best. For you get this fit, from the sale section, is quite special and if Julie made it you know you know you wont get better. It's a stunner!

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Benny I don't know what size you are, but there is a superb aero goat halfbelt on ebay in Oz for about $650AUD, looks new, seal goat, awesome. I think it's a 42 or 44...

lol I think thats Dan's old jacket? ...the one this one presumably replaced?

dan_t

Practically Family
Dan, you're one sexy beast! lol

.....we certainly needed something beautiful to look at round here...
Worf

Well, :eek: , you are too kind.....

In reference to this goat hide, seriously, it is as substantial as you would ever really want, yet as soft and flexible as you will really ever need. It is lovely stuff!

Ok, so I've seen so many photos of custom ordered jackets here but this has to be up there with the best. For you get this fit, from the sale section, is quite special and if Julie made it you know you know you wont get better. It's a stunner!

Thank you, very kind words indeed.
"To get this fit from the sales section", yes I completely agree. Someone on here, I simply cannot remember who said quite some time ago that once they knew their measurements, they were confident in purchasing a jacket over the net.
I'm only now getting to that point of confidence in my measurements & when I saw this one come up with almost practically the same measurements as my custom order Sheene, I knew it would fit. Fortunately for me, it did.

I'm really looking forward to having this jacket develop over time and my expectation is that the fit will only improve with wear.

Benny I don't know what size you are, but there is a superb aero goat halfbelt on ebay in Oz for about $650AUD, looks new, seal goat, awesome. I think it's a 42 or 44...

Ummmmm, OK there's an admission to be made here. Yes, that's mine.....

I haven't posted it directly here due to slight embarrassment if I am to be very frank.

I did purchase a practically brand new Half Belt from Pawnieguy in January of this year. It was, and still is, a lovely jacket in all regards, no doubt about that.

To be as transparent as the Emperors new clothes, here's the short version of the story; When I received the jacket, it fit beautifully (still does) but was actually quite stiff. There was a thread at the time about breaking in jackets & this covered most, if not all hides in the discussion. After reading the learned, sage and wise advice here, I figured there was nothing to loose and everything to gain from speeding up the shaping and softening process with a dunk in the washing machine. A 'noobie' error I can now see through my slightly more experienced eyes.

Well everything that was promised happened, it softened and shaped beautifully. Something not promised also happened, colour loss on a lot of the high points of the hide.
The jacket is still in a perfect structural condition (it's not yet one year old), yet now has a wonderful 'aged' appearance. I have tried to capture this in the images.

I know some people actually prefer this look & if the jacket was exactly what I wanted, I would definitely be keeping it.
As this was my very first serious jacket, I though it was exactly what I was after. As it turns out, it is extremely close, but not on target. For instance, the slightly longer front versus the rear I find slightly annoying as you sit.

When I saw this new half belt appear on the sales page, I realised that it was a very similar jacket in many ways, but the slight differences were exactly what I was looking for, so I bought it.
Now I have no use for two very similar jackets, so the 1930's slim fit half belt must be moved on.

If anyone is interested, you can PM me & now that I've been 'outed' so to speak, I'll place an ad in the appropriate section.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Well, :eek: , you are too kind.....

In reference to this goat hide, seriously, it is as substantial as you would ever really want, yet as soft and flexible as you will really ever need. It is lovely stuff!

Thank you, very kind words indeed.
"To get this fit from the sales section", yes I completely agree. Someone on here, I simply cannot remember who said quite some time ago that once they knew their measurements, they were confident in purchasing a jacket over the net.
I'm only now getting to that point of confidence in my measurements & when I saw this one come up with almost practically the same measurements as my custom order Sheene, I knew it would fit. Fortunately for me, it did.

I'm really looking forward to having this jacket develop over time and my expectation is that the fit will only improve with wear.

Ummmmm, OK there's an admission to be made here. Yes, that's mine.....

I haven't posted it directly here due to slight embarrassment if I am to be very frank.

I did purchase a practically brand new Half Belt from Pawnieguy in January of this year. It was, and still is, a lovely jacket in all regards, no doubt about that.

To be as transparent as the Emperors new clothes, here's the short version of the story; When I received the jacket, it fit beautifully (still does) but was actually quite stiff. There was a thread at the time about breaking in jackets & this covered most, if not all hides in the discussion. After reading the learned, sage and wise advice here, I figured there was nothing to loose and everything to gain from speeding up the shaping and softening process with a dunk in the washing machine. A 'noobie' error I can now see through my slightly more experienced eyes.

Well everything that was promised happened, it softened and shaped beautifully. Something not promised also happened, colour loss on a lot of the high points of the hide.
The jacket is still in a perfect structural condition (it's not yet one year old), yet now has a wonderful 'aged' appearance. I have tried to capture this in the images.

I know some people actually prefer this look & if the jacket was exactly what I wanted, I would definitely be keeping it.
As this was my very first serious jacket, I though it was exactly what I was after. As it turns out, it is extremely close, but not on target. For instance, the slightly longer front versus the rear I find slightly annoying as you sit.

When I saw this new half belt appear on the sales page, I realised that it was a very similar jacket in many ways, but the slight differences were exactly what I was looking for, so I bought it.
Now I have no use for two very similar jackets, so the 1930's slim fit half belt must be moved on.

If anyone is interested, you can PM me & now that I've been 'outed' so to speak, I'll place an ad in the appropriate section.

Sorry mate! I didn't realise...there's not often an Aero, Langlitz, Vanson etc on Aus Ebay. If it were my size I would be all over it. I don't think you will have any drama moving it at all.....

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I'm becoming more and more attracted to the goat. I've been crazy for FQHH since joining the lounge, and thought I needed horse as a priority before delving into anything else....my goat Langlitz feels so good to wear, and I've seen several sensational jackets made of goat recently....I guess you can't go wrong with either...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ