Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero over lostworlds

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Well I am shocked but I love to be proved wrong. Figured its worth posting for someone to have a point of reference. So after comparing the two it turns out the jacket I grab every time is the Aero. Technically there are some tiny flaws on the collar and yes I can hold up both and show how much thicker the LW is.... Yet for comfort and wearability the Aero wins. Its comfy, the zippers work and the color is beautiful. Hands down they make the jacket you want to wear. LW makes the one you want to hang on the wall.
DSCN0338-1.jpg

DSCN0345-1.jpg

DSCN0342-1.jpg

dash69

Familiar Face
Lw vs aero.

That's a sweet looking jacket.I love the checkerboard liner.Look's amazing.And black...i can't picture a cafe' racer in anything but black.enjoy it!

Edward

Bartender
I love Aero's Ace Cafe liner.... I'll be interested to hear how it wears. The white bits concerned me maybe a little they might get grubby, but then that additional inner panel at the back will likely deal with a lot of that. Interesting you like it over the LW. I think both companies produce amazing stuff. Aero win out for me for location as much as anything (Lw get very expensive with import taxes and so on), and Stuart's apparent obsession with "manliness" on his website rants are a little, well, they put me off a little - personal opinion, but I think he'd be better letting the quality of his jackets speak for themselves. I have one of his B3s, and it's fantastic.

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Thanks everyone. I will keep wearing both to have a long term idea of the differences. I lost about 25lbs and the 44 LW may have to anyway but if so I will replace it with a 42. Its an amazing jacket too. This one just feels better so far.

Tha collar is off The Dirt Rider they made a few years back. But I would suggest adding a snap down to lock it down when not snapped across the other side.

Glad you like it. I have not been able to locate a jacket in my closet that has hide as thick as the LW you posted the pic of. I almost pulled the plug on a jacket like yours last night - AERO USA had one in my size and it sold for around $650 - made and ready to ship. Probably regret not buying it, but I'm glad you like yours - looks great!!

Jules

New in Town
I sort of have the opposite

If im going for a lightweight jacket i have the opposite instead of reaching for my Aero A2 or A1 I always reach for the lost worlds HHA2 or Goat A1 . Dont know why it works out that way but I guess i just prefer the fit of my lostworlds, I will "never" sell my lost worlds A1 or A2 maybe.....
That being said in heavy weight jackets I only own Aero FQHH so cant compare with LW HH , maybe one for the future.

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Once I put on the 42 from Aero I realized the difference. Its a tad long on the bottom, Wide in the shoulders and when zipped and even with the side belts pulled tight there is to much space in the front.
No worries. If I get 700 on it and thats a great sale price, its worth 300 more for me to get the right size.

Johannes Gilbertson

New in Town
I can't wait to get it this week! I waited for the right opportunity to get a nice one at a great price and my opportunity finally arrived. I hope that jacket looks as good on me as it does on Dave. Thanks again my friend! :)

Johannes Gilbertson

New in Town
It will be here in a couple days. I'll post pics when it arrives.

This is a great site here. Too bad things today aren't like they were in the "good ole days."
:(

Last edited:

Johannes Gilbertson

New in Town
That's true. Times were simpler and better in many ways. I do enjoy all that technology has afforded us but it has come at a great cost and I'm not sure we're really better off for it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart