Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Premier 1930s Halfbelt Size 40

Christopher Brown

New in Town
Price: $800
My waist has determined that it is time for me to part with this jacket. It was purchased 4 years ago and is on its way to being broken in. It is done in heavy steer hide with olive stitching. Below is the order through Thurston Bros describing the modifications made.
DATE- 11/01/15
STYLE- Premier 1930s Half Belt with button cuffs like on Original Hercules, leather-lined cuffs,
double-pointed yoke and no pleats coming out of half belt on back, wind flap (like on Café Racer) and
Olive Drab stitching
SIZE- 40
LEATHER- CXL Steerhide
COLOUR- Brown
GRAIN- Standard
*Aero uses full grain leathers, which are the most sought-after and most expensive in the world.
These leathers have a natural, uncorrected finish that can vary in grain, color and character.
ZIPPER METAL TYPE- Regular brass (shiny) Talon front zipper (Sunburst box) with regular brass
looped ball pull on chest pocket and regular brass D-ring side cinches
LINING- Lochness lightweight wool lining with brown cotton drill in sleeves
SLEEVE LENGTH- 25.5 inches
BODY LENGTH- 26 inches
INSIDE POCKETS- Left side vertical pocket with no closure

FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS –
1) Double-pointed yoke and no pleats coming out of half belt

The pictures of me wearing it are when it was new.

IMG_20191129_125027.jpg
IMG_20191129_125128.jpg
IMG_20191129_125104.jpg
IMG_20191129_125202.jpg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image1.jpeg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful jacket, makes me really think hard about keeping my Steerhide Highwayman. Definitely would be too small for me but good luck with the sale and Happy Thanksgiving!

Christopher Brown

New in Town
Thank you!I really like the thickness of the hide and it's just now becoming supple. If only it had a little more room I would not want to part with it. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

Vezio

One of the Regulars
Price: $800
My waist has determined that it is time for me to part with this jacket. It was purchased 4 years ago and is on its way to being broken in. It is done in heavy steer hide with olive stitching. Below is the order through Thurston Bros describing the modifications made.
DATE- 11/01/15
STYLE- Premier 1930s Half Belt with button cuffs like on Original Hercules, leather-lined cuffs,
double-pointed yoke and no pleats coming out of half belt on back, wind flap (like on Café Racer) and
Olive Drab stitching
SIZE- 40
LEATHER- CXL Steerhide
COLOUR- Brown
GRAIN- Standard
*Aero uses full grain leathers, which are the most sought-after and most expensive in the world.
These leathers have a natural, uncorrected finish that can vary in grain, color and character.
ZIPPER METAL TYPE- Regular brass (shiny) Talon front zipper (Sunburst box) with regular brass
looped ball pull on chest pocket and regular brass D-ring side cinches
LINING- Lochness lightweight wool lining with brown cotton drill in sleeves
SLEEVE LENGTH- 25.5 inches
BODY LENGTH- 26 inches
INSIDE POCKETS- Left side vertical pocket with no closure

FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS –
1) Double-pointed yoke and no pleats coming out of half belt

The pictures of me wearing it are when it was new.

View attachment 198117 View attachment 198118 View attachment 198119 View attachment 198120 View attachment 198122 View attachment 198123 View attachment 198124
I am sorry that you are selling your jacket.
I still remember when I looked at your photos on Fedora and I hoped my half belt (which I was going to buy) would fit as good as yours. Your jacket had the best fit of all the ones I had seen.
Greetings.

Christopher Brown

New in Town
It really is a great jacket and I loved the way it fit. If only I had stayed the same lol. These holiday meals aren't helping either! Maybe I'll trim if it doesn't sell. Motivation to get into shape.

Vezio

One of the Regulars
It really is a great jacket and I loved the way it fit. If only I had stayed the same lol. These holiday meals aren't helping either! Maybe I'll trim if it doesn't sell. Motivation to get into shape.
In fact, you don't have to sell your jacket. I'm sure you would regret it in the future. You would hardly be able to get a similar fit with another jacket. I have the same problem: sometimes I let myself go, and my weight also increases more than 5 kilos. Your jacket must be your motivation. Mine must be mine: I have to lose 5 kilos. :) Good luck.
Vezio.

Christopher Brown

New in Town
Haha that is a good idea. I have Steve working on a jacket for me patterning it after a jacket I got off of eBay. I'm hoping to use the funds from this to pay for that one. But I also wouldn't be too upset if I was forced to have them both. :) just might be a little poorer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana