Aero Premier 30s HB advice

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by nattevagten, Sep 16, 2021.

1. nattevagten

nattevagten One of the Regulars

Got myself an Aero Premier Range 30s HB in Cordovan CXL FQHH from the sale section. The hide is TERRIFIC, soft and beautiful, the jacket fits well in the shoulders and chest, but the waist is a mess, one or two inches too large (yeah, I know I should have asked them about the waist measurement).

Would it make sense to have it tapered and hope for a good result or should I send it back? Apart from the waist, the jacket is very lovely and I know a capable person who'd do the tapering for a reasonable price (I'm guessing max €100), but I'm not sure how it will turn out.

Any opinions?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  2. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

I'd ask the friend how they can hide the stitch holes from the old seams if they take it in, and see what they say, but most likely I'd return it. It's always a risk to tailor a leather jacket after the fact, and +100Eu to the price makes it less of a bargain, and if you have to pay that to have it the way you wanted it, you might as well have gone with a regular order to begin with.

3. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

Return - not worth it.

4. Harris HTM

Harris HTM One Too Many

How easy is it to return it with the brexit trouble? Did you pay vat / import tax?

5. nattevagten

I'm used to relatively slim-fitting and heavily tapered cross-zips, so perhaps the looser cut of the HB is something I have to get used to if that's how they are supposed to look and fit. Not really sure what to think... The look isn't terrible per se, just feels a bit awkward in the waist. I'll need to think about it for a bit. Might return it after all.

HB1.JPG

HB2.jpeg

AeroFan_07 and Harris HTM like this.
  6. nattevagten

I did, but the VAT and import tax will be reimbursed by the local tax authorities if I provide them with the necessary documents proving the return.

Harris HTM likes this.
  7. Harris HTM

Harris HTM One Too Many

The hide looks amazing. Did you try playing with the waist adjusters?

ton312 likes this.
  8. nattevagten

The hide looks even better in natural light. Nice and dark. The problem with the waist adjusters is that when pulled in, they cause a bit of a 'bump' on the back. You can see it even now just above the belt, but the effect's even more pronounced when they are pulled in. It's possible that it will settle once the leather's broken in, but I'm not counting on it.

9. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

I'd say it's within spec. If you can take in the waist adjusters, it might be just fine. If this is how it looks with the adjusters already all the way in, it's still not that bad that I'd return it, if I was otherwise happy with everything else about the jacket.

nattevagten likes this.
  10. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

Sure looks nice! As the FQHH breaks in, it will settle down and look amazing.

nattevagten likes this.
  11. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

Leather looks amazing but I'd send that back if I were you. It's not the fit you want in the waist/hem area. And to add to that, in the picture from the front it looks like the neck hole is very small and that the collar is digging into your neck. Is the fit in the neck hole area really comfortable? It certainly doesn't look comfortable.

12. nattevagten

Yep. The waist is problematic, but no problems with the neck area - the leather is soft and does not feel uncomfortable in the least.

So from what I gather, Premier HB/HWM are not really suited for a slimmer/fitter person? I have a chest/waist difference of about 5 inches, whereas the jacket's chest/waist difference is only about 1.5 inches. Sucks, because I really like the clean and neat patterns of HB/HWM.

torfjord likes this.
  13. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

Well, not necessarily. I think a HB is not designed to be as tight in the waist and hem as a crosszip. I'm a slim guy and I have a 4 inch drop from chest to waist. My Thedi half-belt has exactly 1.5" drop from chest to hem. I like how it fits me but it's definitely not tight around the hem. It sits tighter in the waist area than your Aero HB does though, it has more of an hourglass shape. This Aero looks like it is a pretty straight cut with not much taper towards the hem.

nattevagten likes this.