Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Premier Highwayman Seal Vincenza HH

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The jacket really does look fine on you. I guess I'm a dissenting party as to the yoke, as I much prefer this one to the standard version. It'll look particularly fine when the jacket gets broken in and the yoke gets chafed a bit.

pawineguy

One Too Many
It looks absolutely perfect on you, Chris! Length and sleeves are spot on, and in all honestly, I would not have noticed there's anything special about the collar, had there not been so much talk about it recently. The back yoke, however, did caught my eye. It's kind of... exaggerated, though I can't say I don't like it. It's interesting and fun!

The only thing I noticed about the premier range I'm not that crazy about is the shoulders width. They've really trimmed them down. Is the jacket comfortable in the shoulders?

No problems with the shoulders, they are 18.75" compared to most of my jackets being in the 19.5" range. I don't really feel that difference, especially since the leather is more supple than most other jackets I own.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Beautiful looking jacket- well done. Love that Vicenza hide! And I’m liking the collar- even more so than the standard Aero Collar.
I’ve always admired the traditional Highwayman, but was leery of the loose fitting style for my body type. But now that there is an option for a tighter fit HWM version, I’m getting very close to pulling the trigger. There seems to be very little real world info on the Premier HWM so I’m glad someone has posted some pics and their observations.
Did you get the same size as your Aero Sheene?
And how does the fit compare to your Aero Sheene? Tighter? Looser?
Anything you would change on this one?

I did get the same size as the Sheene, a 42. It's smaller across the shoulders and the upper back than the Sheene, but larger in the waist area. Because the Sheene has that moto taper, I had to add an inch to the waist and it's still tighter than this jacket. The big difference is that this jacket doesn't taper as much, unless you use the cinchers to tighten up the waist.

So far I wouldn't change anything, but some people might want zips on the hand warmer pockets? Having that hardware there might ruin the clean look of the front, which is broken only by the chain and ball pull on the chest zip. (I like that accent, it really stands out)

EDIT: I was surprised at how little info and pics there are on the Premier HWM, considering that it's been out there for a while now.

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many
Fantastic jacket and good fit.

Congrats, wear it in good health!

I love the back it's the same as my modified Sheene (I wanted the higher armholes to eliminate the batwing effect).

That's right, I remember (and just looked back at your thread) how great your jacket looks. Still one of my favorites of the year.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Great new acquisition Chris!
I agree that the back yoke design is a defining feature, very much like the collar.
That aside, I think this one looks great on you. I was going to say that after a year or so it will form around you and look even better, but do you actually hang on to them for that long? :wink:

Haha, well you would know better than anyone! But yes, I do keep some around and I don't think this one is going anywhere.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Did you get the same size as your Aero Sheene?
And how does the fit compare to your Aero Sheene? Tighter? Looser?
Anything you would change on this one?

I was wondering the same thing.

Great jacket and nice fit, is it a keeper for you?

pawineguy

One Too Many
I was wondering the same thing.

Great jacket and nice fit, is it a keeper for you?

Yes, definitely a keeper. I've been wearing it around the house today to start breaking it in and I like it more and more.

See above on the fit, but it's the same size as my Sheene, although a very different, more relaxed fit through the waist.

I would go out tonight

One of the Regulars
That is a great jacket. I like the button cuffs and the way the sleeve seams run close in to the yoke. I cannot imagine you would have a better looking jacket by going MTO. You get lucky sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925