Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero price increase! Again? (Sept,2012)

Asienizen

One of the Regulars
Let's be clear about why the price of horsehide jackets are going up. It's not Chinese competition or ridiculous government pension schemes. Those things are factors, but the real reason prices are going up is because of inflation. Central Banks around the world, including the Bank of England, are printing too much money, and it's increasing the price of raw materials and energy, which translate directly into higher prices for finished goods. If we want prices to stabilize ever again, we will take away the printing press -- in England and elsewhere --.

I think you have hit the nail on the head, the core problem is an increase in the number claims on resources (fiat money), without a corresponding increase in those resources. The other things are symptoms of this core problem. From what I read, it seems that Aero isn't increasing their prices as much as they could if they linked the price increase to the real inflation of money and credit going on in Central banks around the world.

Too bad I won't be able to afford to get a jacket from them before October though.

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
I think you have hit the nail on the head, the core problem is an increase in the number claims on resources (fiat money), without a corresponding increase in those resources. The other things are symptoms of this core problem. From what I read, it seems that Aero isn't increasing their prices as much as they could if they linked the price increase to the real inflation of money and credit going on in Central banks around the world.

Too bad I won't be able to afford to get a jacket from them before October though.

Your right, we've never increased our prices in order with inflation, we've always kept them as low as we possibly can.

Not sure if this will help you Asienizen, but remember when you place your order with us at Aero there is no charge made until your jacket is ready to be shipped, currently order turn around is between 2 and 3 months (probably closer to 3 with the pre-Christmas/winter rush). So, any orders placed before the price rise won't need to be paid for until then.

Holly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner