Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero prices increased

HorseHide

One of the Regulars
I don't care about military reproductions, I just want the best made leather jacket I can get and Aero does this at the lowest cost.
Yes there are cheaper jackets but they arent upp to snuff imho.
So if not Aero, then where? Lost worlds and The few are higher yet!

+1 Aero is still a great value at the increased price.

tonypaj

Practically Family
I don't care about military reproductions, I just want the best made leather jacket I can get and Aero does this at the lowest cost.
Yes there are cheaper jackets but they arent upp to snuff imho.
So if not Aero, then where? Lost worlds and The few are higher yet!

It depends on what you have and how happy you are with that. I have 4 Aeros, the price increase means that if I need another leather jacket, I'll look somewhere else first, unlike before. Most likely I'll skip new leather jackets for now, and just get older stuff. I was leaning that way, anyway, this just makes the decision easier.

blethook

One of the Regulars
I'm lucky because I was quoted a price by Amanda about a week before the increase. Just placed the order now, but she said they would honour the already-quoted price.

To be honest, for people who are willing to spend £500+ for a leather jacket, an increase of £100 won't stop most of them from ordering one, I would think...

CodeRed

One of the Regulars
Part of the problem for the USA is the very low value of the dollar these days. Must look closer to home now.

Forrest

Familiar Face
I, for one, am quite bummed about the price increase. I've always hoped to buy an Aero one day. I've wanted one for the past 4 years since I first heard of them, but I could never justify the cost. So I thought to myself, "One day..." With every price increase, it becomes less and less likely.

I, for one, am quite bummed about the price increase. I've always hoped to buy an Aero one day. I've wanted one for the past 4 years since I first heard of them, but I could never justify the cost. So I thought to myself, "One day..." With every price increase, it becomes less and less likely.

The same thing happened with the Ferrari I wanted. So, I drive a Toyota.
It's not Ferrari's fault.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Gents - Aero have held off longer than many of the repro jacket makers and I'm surprised they managed 'this long' to be honest. Competitors such as Buzz Rickson, Eastmans, Real McCoys..etc, have all had to increase their prices. It's just the way 'it is' these days under the current Global economic climate.

And once they 'go uppity up' they won't be coming down.

My advice? buy second-hand. Which I thought would already be something most of us members do as a matter of course anyway.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Gents - Aero have held off longer than many of the repro jacket makers and I'm surprised they managed 'this long' to be honest. Competitors such as Buzz Rickson, Eastmans, Real McCoys..etc, have all had to increase their prices. It's just the way 'it is' these days under the current Global economic climate.

And once they 'go uppity up' they won't be coming down.

My advice? buy second-hand. Which I thought would already be something most of us members do as a matter of course anyway.

That is some what true. But one has to realise that it was also because their lower than usual prices which attracted huge amount of orders. I checked the prices for all their A-2 jackets, there is an average of GBP100 increase on the whole range. Actually, I would expect an GBP50-70 increase, with the additional of NOS Talon zipper, the price of an Aero A-2 will be GBP550. Frankly, I would now rather pay an extra 100quids for the more authentic Eastman repros.

That is some what true. But one has to realise that it was also because their lower than usual prices which attracted huge amount of orders. I checked the prices for all their A-2 jackets, there is an average of GBP100 increase on the whole range. Actually, I would expect an GBP50-70 increase, with the additional of NOS Talon zipper, the price of an Aero A-2 will be GBP550. Frankly, I would now rather pay an extra 100quids for the more authentic Eastman repros.

Then that's what you should do.
Sounds like you are looking for authentic, which means Aero wasn't likely the best choice anyway. Or spend even more, wait longer, and get arguably the best repro A2 - Good Wear. We could go on and on, but I think the point of this thread has been lost.

* Update from Mark @ Aero USA.
In order to alleviate some of the pain of the price hikes, Mark is waiving (eating) the shipping and duty fees for US customers.

I am finalizing an order today with him and he told me this. Thought I'd pass this on to you folks.

Lando

Practically Family
So...if we should all just start buying them used, after this price hike...who's buying them new? Will there be any used Aeros out there lol?

In what seems an act of pure luck, I just put an order in for a russet goatskin A2 I always wanted from them. I probably wouldn't have after the increase.

Everyone has to do what they have to do, merchant and customer alike.

Happy Hunting.

Last edited:
Me, I'd just save a little longer. But I always look for used items. Why not?
They could have sold them for a lot more previously and everyone would be happy. Does everyone here work for the same price they did 5 years ago? 10? Have your other bills gone up?
These are luxury items IMHO. Sure, they're also practical, but who needs the jackets we buy? There are decent cheap jackets that'll keep ya warm you know :)

Yep...he has ate the custom charges for years now...and off and on..the shipping charges as well.
HD

It's policy now. There were times when he had too many beers and was nice, but now it's his standard. Now, I never saw the customs charges, so that one I don't know the history of, but shipping (~$80 to HIM) is now gratis.

PoohBang

Suspended
There is still something about getting that big box... all the way from Scotland.... Opening the tape and that leather smell hitting you square in the face... Kind of makes it all worth it.

There is still something about getting that big box... all the way from Scotland.... Opening the tape and that leather smell hitting you square in the face... Kind of makes it all worth it.

True. Had one this week. But I'm trying to arrange the pickup of my new one in Scotland this year. That would be way cool to have my pic taken with the crew in the factory where it was made!!! And I'm sure I'll be tempted to buy even more, which is the downside :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy