Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Raf Comforts Jumper

reddragonjack

New in Town
Just got this in the post. Thought I'd share it here in case anyone is interested in them for reference. The wool is stiff and course to touch, but not itchy. Haven't wore it much yet but seems to be warm enough to wear alone in the Irish spring weather.

IMG_20160302_191623.jpg

Benproof

A-List Customer
Sh&t .... you.... bought one of the last ones of that fabulous depleting colour :D

I've had mine for years (not that colour, which is my next hit before winter next year). They are just utterly superb.

The cheaper knitted one is nowhere as good - yours is tightly woven from tubular construction without side seams. That is, it isn't just a cut and paste job from a draught pattern maker knitted and stitched in pieces. It's assembled and knitted as a tube and then grafted neck into it, so it is effective, seamless.

Just don't let moggy get near it. Mine is wrecked after sharp paws decided that the Aero was his, not mine.

Congratulations on the purchase. There is only a handful of roll necks which I've seen which approach this quality.

wdw

One Too Many
I like that, and it has a nice story behind it. Not cheap, though.

What size did you get, and what's the sleeve length from centre back at the neck down the outside of the sleeve?

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice jumper :)

I purchased an ELC RAF jumper (lovely) but have yet to find UK temperatures that warrant it's wear.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Nice jumper :)

I purchased an ELC RAF jumper (lovely) but have yet to find UK temperatures that warrant it's wear.
Imagine trying to wear that in Texas? :eek: I will say that is a really good looking, obviously well made sweater that I can at least admire from a respectful distance. :cool:

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Imagine trying to wear that in Texas? :eek: I will say that is a really good looking, obviously well made sweater that I can at least admire from a respectful distance. :cool:

Wore it once under an Irvin a few years back when our rivers froze...still too warm :)

This winter a D-1 & cotton sweatshirt has coped with the worst nature has thrown at us, TBH after the wettest winter recorded for at least a century I'm now looking into waxed jackets :)

Benproof

A-List Customer
Wore it once under an Irvin a few years back when our rivers froze...still too warm :)

This winter a D-1 & cotton sweatshirt has coped with the worst nature has thrown at us, TBH after the wettest winter recorded for at least a century I'm now looking into waxed jackets :)

Don't you mean O'Neill wetsuits :)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up

Interestingly enough, El Niño has given us quite a bit of rain in N Texas over the past year or so, and significantly moderated this winter as one of the mildest my memory can recall. Speaking of waxed jackets, I bought my wife a Barbour that was made in the UK before largely being outsourced overseas, and I own a couple of waxed jackets made by Filson. I think you even have a Filson store in London, which I didn't visit while there last year as the Filson flagship store in Seattle is simply phenomenal and too many other places in London to see (American Classics, Lewis Leathers, etc.). So, anyone visiting Seattle must visit two places: The Flison flagship store and Insurrection / Thurston Bros.

reddragonjack

New in Town
Thanks for the compliments guys.

@Ben
That's interesting how they make them and yeah you can really say they are tightly woven, you can feel it in the stiffness of them. I'll have to not let my Akita get at it then =D.

It's a size small, 18" pit , 29" from sleeve from back of neck, 23" from seam, 17" shoulder, 21" length, I am 5'3" for reference. I really am impressed with it, I own some inis meain and some old john molloy aran jumpers and this beats them hands down in the rustic jumper department.

IMG_20160305_195924.jpg
IMG_20160305_195605.jpg

Benproof

A-List Customer
Is the blue more of an aquamarine blue than a RAF blue? Yours looks better than the faded bubblegum blue from the Aero website. Maybe that's the lighting?

I was going for the slate blue ..the one that is gone! But this colour really brings out the texture.

OnTheCroft

New in Town
Just got this in the post. Thought I'd share it here in case anyone is interested in them for reference. The wool is stiff and course to touch, but not itchy. Haven't wore it much yet but seems to be warm enough to wear alone in the Irish spring weather.

IMG_20160302_191623.jpg
from one island to another , I must say it looks rather fabulous on you, It was hand knitted by us for Aero.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80