Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero red cotton drill cloth lining - pics?

Navin323i

Practically Family
Hello Gents...

I've been researching various options for the interior lining for my Aero jacket currently on order (again I'm not revealing the specific jacket since it's something that hasn't been done before (so I was told anyhow) and I want to pleasantly surprise you all) and I read a post on here about a red cotton drill cloth lining option. I searched thru all the archived postings on here but wasn't able to find a picture... by chance do any of you have a picture that you could kindly post here?

Also I've been looking thru all the wonderful Aero jacket pictures here with the various tartan linings and I've noticed for the most part all these jackets are brown or cordovan. With black colored jackets is tartan still a good option? If there was a tartan comprised of black and silver that might look cool with a black colored jacket IMO. :)

Cheers,
Navin

Speedbird

A-List Customer
Navin323i said:
Hello Gents...

With black colored jackets is tartan still a good option? If there was a tartan comprised of black and silver that might look cool with a black colored jacket IMO. :)

Cheers,
Navin

Navin,

You might be in luck if the chaps at Galashiels can hook you up - there are silver-grey/black tartans - they are relatively new 'fashion' tartans i.e. not clan specific so any one can wear them. I will dig out a link and get back to you. They are not commonplace and that should appeal to your custom building sensibilities!

Speedy

I am back! try here: http://www.houseoftartan.co.uk/index.htm

The website is complex and not easy to navigate. You might try in their full outfits section to start, or search for 'Dark Highland', 'Hebridean Granite', 'Hebridean Heather' or 'Hebridean Mist' in their tartan finder. A tip: (this took me ages to figure out) you will see some text that says click to view ... it means literally click this text not the tartan name!

They even have an 'interactive weaver' - you could design your very own tartan, buy a few metres of it and supply to aero!

Good luck!

Navin323i

Practically Family
Nizdar said:

Thanks Nizdar! Beautiful jacket and lining you have there. It's interesting that the lining is called "black watch"... one would think a more descriptive name would be "green watch" given that you see more green than you do black. Nonetheless it's a beautiful lining with your black jacket... congrats! :)

Navin323i

Practically Family
Speedbird said:
Navin,

You might be in luck if the chaps at Galashiels can hook you up - there are silver-grey/black tartans - they are relatively new 'fashion' tartans i.e. not clan specific so any one can wear them. I will dig out a link and get back to you. They are not commonplace and that should appeal to your custom building sensibilities!

Speedy

I am back! try here: http://www.houseoftartan.co.uk/index.htm

The website is complex and not easy to navigate. You might try in their full outfits section to start, or search for 'Dark Highland', 'Hebridean Granite', 'Hebridean Heather' or 'Hebridean Mist' in their tartan finder. A tip: (this took me ages to figure out) you will see some text that says click to view ... it means literally click this text not the tartan name!

They even have an 'interactive weaver' - you could design your very own tartan, buy a few metres of it and supply to aero!

Good luck!

You are the MAN, Speedy! Thank you so much for your time in helping me out and getting me the link and all. Very cool of you to do that. I'll definitely check this out... thanks again, my friend. :)

Navin323i

Practically Family
Creeping Past said:
Ah, the famous McVader clan tartan... ;)

Haha! Either that or the famous McRaider clan tartan (Raider as in American Football Oakland Raiders NFL team with the black/silver team colors). :D

Speedbird

A-List Customer
Navin323i said:
You are the MAN, Speedy! Thank you so much for your time in helping me out and getting me the link and all. Very cool of you to do that. I'll definitely check this out... thanks again, my friend. :)[/QUOTE

Hey, no problem ... I have been having fun playing with the interactive weaver function since recommending it - it is idiot proof! If you have a vaguely artistic sense at all and sort of understand complimentary/contrast/primary/secondary colour theory it is really easy to 'design' really cool unique 'tartan' - I was playing around with your basic colour scheme of black-grey-silver and then introduced highlights of yellows, blues and reds - it looks really cool! Then I modified it with the secondary colours for something softer... this is a lot of fun even if I will never actually order any of the tartan for real! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL