Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero released new Premier Range 1920s Work Coat

zhz

Practically Family
This jacket looks great. God, one more jacket on my list...

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=2391

471542c0f825612c_WC-500.jpg
540542c0fb0907df_WC-back-500.jpg

Edward

Bartender
As I said on the other thread, this is really nice. I think the contrast green lining with the brown leather really makes it pop. I wodner is this a sign that Aero's next big area for development of new styles (aside from the women's range) after the CC Irvin is gonig to be their range of longer jackets? I'm still hoping for a Barnstormer long enough to wear over a suit...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Looks somewhat similar to the Teamster and should be a great cold/foul weather jacket.

zhz

Practically Family
As I said on the other thread, this is really nice. I think the contrast green lining with the brown leather really makes it pop. I wodner is this a sign that Aero's next big area for development of new styles (aside from the women's range) after the CC Irvin is gonig to be their range of longer jackets? I'm still hoping for a Barnstormer long enough to wear over a suit...

Looking at the new release from Aero recently, like premier 30's, Plainsman etc, I think Aero starts to make their jacket longer now.

pawineguy

One Too Many
I really love following the Aero line, they do so many things well and have released many great jackets recently. Even though most are not what I would wear, I can really appreciate the breadth of their offerings and the beauty of the design.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I'm sorry but I just can't see the stylistic or quality difference between this coat and say a Veste De Rallaye or some others....

Worf

trapp

Practically Family
More stylish than their previous longer jackets. Everything from the collar shape to the cuffs to the belt and rear panels just looks nicer.

I always felt the Veste de Rallye looked really good on bigger guys - and only big guys - where the sheer bulk of boxy leather made it's own statement ;)

But I can see anyone looking good in this model.

wdw

One Too Many
I'm sorry but I just can't see the stylistic or quality difference between this coat and say a Veste De Rallaye or some others....

I see where you're coming from, Worf. It seems to be basically a Stockman/Cheyenne/VDR sibling, but with a more interesting HB back.

That's good enough for me, though, as I like that simple style and this jazzes it up a little.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It looks way too much like my teamster to even contemplate wanting one but it is pretty nice...I'm guessing as it uses the new premier half belt pattern means its a slimmer fit than the current longer offerings?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The one detail about this style that makes it very appealing personally is that arrow shaped stitching included in the originals I believe, as well as the Himel.
Still a nice unique jacket, and one I'd be happy to own.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I love it and would have one tomorrow, but! I too have a Teamster and have not had the chance to wear that all that much due to the warm weather.
This coat/jacket gives those that do not like the action backed Teamster a chance to consider a similar style with a normal plain back, without having to try to persuade Aero to change this or that detail. The only detail I would change are the button cuffs to the 'Barnstormer' style(with or without storm cuffing) as I am not to bothered about the historically correct look. I love the lining but would also prefer a quilted bottle green satin.
Basically I think this is a great design and could easily be a winner for Aero as it could fit in with many or todays modern styles and add some simple options that would not ruin the character of it's look.
Johnny Tee

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Ooh that is a goodie!

Aero keep on bringing on the good stuff. Seriously tempted to get one of those down the line as well.

But as others have said, aaargh, another jacket on the want list!

Lancaster

Familiar Face
The Corozo buttons are unique to Aero coats, as well as the buttoned side straps, dual rows of stitching, collar design, and center back pleat. Plus it has a full Melton wool lining including the facings. You'd expect Melton wool to be thick but I hear it's very thin like shirt fabric for this coat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles