Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Ridley - configuration advice and general guidance

AlexB

One of the Regulars

Directly from Aero. No fit jackets - except for the Happy Days which I ordered after visiting Galashiels and getting measured there.

That was originally my plan too. However, the Ridley pattern can only be ordered via Thurston. So far I am very pleased with the experience.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Carrie's great! She will not steer you wrong. I think brown or black either way would be fine. I'll have to look at my Cordovan when I get home, it was ordered by a well known member of this forum.

AlexB

One of the Regulars
Carrie's great! She will not steer you wrong. I think brown or black either way would be fine. I'll have to look at my Cordovan when I get home, it was ordered by a well known member of this forum.

I think Tony had brown;)

nigeloscar

One of the Regulars
That was originally my plan too. However, the Ridley pattern can only be ordered via Thurston. So far I am very pleased with the experience.

Not been on the lounge for years and just breaking in my own Ridley… how did yours go?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here

That is not quite correct. You get directly by Aero also in Europe the Ridley. Only this is then called slim fit motorcycle jacket.
I know because I bought mine that way.

Salmosalar

A-List Customer
That is not quite correct. You get directly by Aero also in Europe the Ridley. Only this is then called slim fit motorcycle jacket.
Yep - this is how I ordered mine - three examples attached….
D189DB8E-23AC-4F1F-AC93-3090DD7CC96A.jpeg
ED26ED66-B406-4323-86F9-99D6D4C9785C.jpeg
0A24422B-D3F1-4ABF-9453-CDF3FECE3CD4.jpeg
6B8F09B3-CFFD-4E8F-8E47-43EE0A7C56ED.jpeg
30161C10-31CE-4EF7-A0C4-2CC9CC9CD540.jpeg
CB3CA93D-0E1E-4DC5-A4FF-39771C720BED.jpeg

AlexB

One of the Regulars
Not been on the lounge for years and just breaking in my own Ridley… how did yours go?
It’s going very well! I love the Cordovan color and it’s definitely my most unique looking Aero jacket. Can't put it on without getting compliments for it. I guess in times of all these shiny flimsy looking plastic hippster moto jackets worn by everyone also not really a benchmark. Pictures are a little dated. I will get some newer ones - good reminder to wear it more often. How’s your developing?
Arm Crease.jpg
Collar.jpg
On the floor.jpg
Open.jpg
Zipped.jpg

AlexB

One of the Regulars
That was the information I got back in the days from Thurston. Maybe it's dated or wasn't correct back then. In any case, I was so happy with Thurston and Carrie that I ordered my next jacket also with them.

Aloysius

Very old thread but IIRC the Ridley pattern itself is a Thurston pattern, whereas the slim-fit bike/slim-fit J106 has the same general cut but some differences otherwise.

MrProper

Very old thread but IIRC the Ridley pattern itself is a Thurston pattern, whereas the slim-fit bike/slim-fit J106 has the same general cut but some differences otherwise.
Hm... Aero said when I ordered it that it was the same.
Anyway, I'm happy with my non-Ridley.

Aloysius

Hm... Aero said when I ordered it that it was the same.
Anyway, I'm happy with my non-Ridley.

Probably a change in the past few years, then, like how Vicenza itself used to be Thurston exclusive for Aero jackets (the leather used to go straight to Seattle, to Good Wear and Thurston, then be mailed to Scotland) but now is available direct from Aero.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21