Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Ridley / J106 Repository Thread

moktabe

One of the Regulars
I’m ashamed (and proud) to admit I’ve owned 3 Ridleys. It’s a good, comfortable pattern -wise to size up on.

What I really lust after is a J106 or KOTR now.

Why not go for a bit of each?

J-106 front with a KOTR back. It's gained the nickname of 'The Mongrel'
01A89FE8-E660-45DB-81FE-12CE6D11C076_1_105_c.jpeg
30136E0D-89A6-4D22-A31C-F7DA8152369D_1_105_c.jpeg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
So I have not done a proper introduction on this new jacket. I made an order out with Carrie back in late November/early December of 2022 for a basic replacement of the jacket that I started this thread with. I was a little too quick on the draw, selling it along as I did. So here's to Round #2, and Aero Ridley in a size "46" made this time around in Cordovan Steerhide, with normal brass "Aero" hardware, and olive cotton drill in the body, black cotton drill in the sleeves. I specified a belt, external & internal kidney panels, a western V yoke, no action back, and D-pocket/J106 details. I also specified for this build matching instead of contrasting stitching. It turned up in late May, just in time for the weather to get quite warm. So it has not been broken in at all, in fact the fit photos in the next post are the only time I have had it on. Simply much too warm to think about breaking in a jacket now.

This jacket was built by Julie Leitch, and I really love it overall! I like how it fits, the lengths and sizing all turned out as close to spot-on as I could ever hope. Moreover the stitch quality, hide quality, and it's general grain really are impressive in my view. Perhaps looking back, I might have asked for full black cotton drill lining, but that's a pretty minor detail.

Here's a bunch of photos, since it seems we all want to details in photos these days. Enjoy!

Ridley_Tag_01.JPG
Ridley_02.JPG
Ridley_03.JPG
Ridley_04.JPG Ridley_05.JPG
Ridley_06.JPG
Ridley_08.JPG
Ridley_10.JPG
Ridley_11.JPG

Attachments

• Ridley_07.JPG
    Ridley_07.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 39

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think the olive lining was the best choice. It's a bit elevated from black lining (not that I have a problem with that) while providing a nice complement to the Color 8 when not being worn–and an even better complement as the CXL brown emerges.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Pull the tag off. Chicken dinner.
Thank you to al for these kind comments. As to this one, I will indeed remove the tag, but I plan to laminate it and keep it in one of the zip-up pockets. I did realize one other gap, which is minor in my view, but I failed to specify an inside pocket. So, that is what it is.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
And a few more photos including the back, then a couple initial fit photos too...

View attachment 527655 View attachment 527656 View attachment 527657 View attachment 527654 View attachment 527653
Just perfect! Ridley is one of the nicest pattern Aero has and so is the Cordovan Horween. Excellent jacket, you wear it well. I wouldn’t worry about the inside pocket, there are lots of accessible outside pockets on this pattern already.
I also started to keep my tags whenever I can, to pass on to the next owner. I didn’t do this before and just started the habit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112