Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Ridley / J106 Repository Thread

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
There seems to be a shortage of threads of dedicated perfecto/motorcycle style Aero jackets here, so I decided to start one off.

Back in Feburary, which seems like 2 years ago now, I placed and order with Carrie of Thurston Brothers for an Aero Ridley/J106 Motorcycle jacket. I of course did not realize at that time in mid-Feburary just what was coming around the corner. In any event, my custom ordered jacket, a first for me, just arrived on Monday. To say I am pleased and very thankful for it is an understatement!

Julie Leitch built this jacket of Heavy FQHH of the Horween varity. I aksed for no epaulettes or storm cuffs, but for a D-pocket, nickle hardware, Black Steward lightweight Tartan body lining with black cotton drill in the sleeves. And I asked for Cordovan leather on this jacket. Seems I have enough black, so let's brighten this one up a bit! It's just getting into fall here, so the color works well for the harvest season. It's my favorite season, mostly due to growing up on a midwestern grain farm in Illinois.

So without further ado, here is what arrived Monday. I'll do a more full review on it soon, been starting to wear it around the house and enjoying the rich CXL Horsehide scent.

IMG_8008.JPG
IMG_8014.JPG
IMG_8003.JPG
IMG_8004.JPG
IMG_8002.JPG

And a few fit photos right out of the box - a Lot of break-in to go here but this leather is softening up quite nicely.

DSC_0109.JPG
DSC_0110.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7998.JPG
    IMG_7998.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 925
Last edited:

JCSD

Practically Family
Absolutely beautiful jacket and perfect fit. I’m glad that I moved on the Aero Ridley that I had because I didn’t feel the fit was right- from your pics I know I was right!

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Really nice. Congratulations.
I’m still waiting for mine. Status is „in production“ and I hope there will be no new lockdown.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
10/10. Cordovan looks really great in this style. You have a number of great jackets there, and this is no exception!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Just a question. . . In terms of color, Is cordovan close to a cherry/dark cherry?
The photos would demonstrate it to be. This color does drive my camera a bit crazy. It's not actually the Cherry CXL FQHH Leather the Aero/Horween does offer, however it is closer than one would thing. It really does not have a lot of "brown" to it. Other Aero's in Cordovan I have handled look a whole lot closer to brown.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
The photos would demonstrate it to be. This color does drive my camera a bit crazy. It's not actually the Cherry CXL FQHH Leather the Aero/Horween does offer, however it is closer than one would thing. It really does not have a lot of "brown" to it. Other Aero's in Cordovan I have handled look a whole lot closer to brown.

Got it, thanks. I just noticed a lot of members like the cordovan so there must be something special about it.

dark wood

One of the Regulars
Looks great! I ordered a j106 in battered cxl from Carrie a couple months ago too. Mine is probably stuck in the production queue right behind Mr Proper’s. I also picked up a Ridley in Vicenza in the classified recently that I love...what a great jacket. Yours looks especially good in the cordovan.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko