Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Sale Oct 22nd 2018

Harris HTM

One Too Many
I'm afraid I opened the Pandora's box! Let's not hijack the thread!
So, owing 2 brown FQHH, 1 black FQHH, 3 other black hides and a seal brown goat I think I need a cordovan steer bootlegger, what do you guys think? Hopefully a nice piece will come along the sale pages!

Jejupe

Practically Family
So, owing 2 brown FQHH, 1 black FQHH, 3 other black hides and a seal brown goat I think I need a cordovan steer bootlegger, what do you guys think? Hopefully a nice piece will come along the sale pages!

Your need is desperate. If you have no luck with the sale, you should place an order.

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
Glad we got that sorted out once and for all! :D
giphy (1).gif

Edward

Bartender
Nope. Historical accuracy and correct size are the only important for WWII repros. Period)

I'd put quaity of build up there too - assuming what you want is a well-made, historically accurate jacket. Some folks are happy with a quality jacket and don't worry about accuracy if they're not a re-enactor. For me, part of the charm of the military styles is the accuracy to milspec, though my expectations of this are rather tempered by the fact that I'm about twice the age and five sizes bigger than the historically accurate wearer of such garments. :)

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
I'd put quaity of build up there too - assuming what you want is a well-made, historically accurate jacket. Some folks are happy with a quality jacket and don't worry about accuracy if they're not a re-enactor. For me, part of the charm of the military styles is the accuracy to milspec, though my expectations of this are rather tempered by the fact that I'm about twice the age and five sizes bigger than the historically accurate wearer of such garments. :)
Of course high quality of build is also most important. By default.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
From Aero:

Due to an extremely busy first couple of days of our "Hidden Treasure" sale we are in need of a restock. There were a number of jackets that we failed to get measured up in time for Monday's start. We will also be bulking it out a little with some larger sizes that we were low on and also some Bootleggers.

To allow us to "restock", the "Hidden Treasure" section of our Sale page will close at 10pm tonight (UK time) and reopen at 12pm tomorrow Thursday 25th.

mygar

A-List Customer
Im not too happy about the possibility of missing out on a bootlegger... i cannot buy another.... i cannot buy another..... repeat.

Plus got my eye on harleys and triumphs these days :)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I've got a Boot in cordovan FQHH, and it's a beaut. I completely recommend you add a steer one to your collection.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I have a 40" chest, yet Ton fits into a size 40 Bootlegger and he's about twice as big as me. I say size down one or maybe even two sizes.

Jejupe

Practically Family
My 2 cents: Two sizes down if you're in relatively good shape. One size down if you have some "temporary" package around waistline. Bootlegger tapers down to waistline more than other Aero models I've handled. I have 50" chest 43" waistline and 46" bootlegger I tried on was fine on chest and shoulders but a little bit challenging to start the zip, if you know what I mean.

Edward

Bartender
The Bootlegger is a 50s Halfbelt with a different front. I wear 44 in a pre-war half belt design and a 42 in my
Bootlegger, though if buying one again I'd be tempted to go for a 44 and pull it in more at the waist.

Best thing to do is check the actual measurements, or ask Aero if these aren't given. I often suspect that a good few of the Aeros that end up on the used market in excellent shape were bought by people who listened to "internet advice" that they were tents...

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I have a 41" chest and wear a size 42 in almost everythign but sized down to 40 for my Bootleggers.
Even sizing down one size they still have the largest pit to pit of all my jackets, a size 40 Bootleggers is 24.5 p2p wheras most of my size 42 jackets have 22.5 to 23.5".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner