Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Sale Oct 22nd 2018

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
I bought one of the apprentice/trainee Bootleggers a while back and its a super,super jacket and great value.I believe I am correct in saying that they did not fit the top button to these so they do not have a button hole either-I think they look better without personally.

Hh121

Banned
Don't let the picture from their website fool you, usually the actual jacket you receive is 5 times better than picture.

Stringmaster

One of the Regulars
I almost snagged a Bootlegger, but got cold feet as it was listed as "Blue Label" with no further description as to why (and I'm particular--even though it's likely no big deal). Given that I'm in the US and have to add shipping and potential customs fees I didn't want to chance it.

Jimi3legs

New in Town
So idiot of the week is me ! I was so exited about the sale on Monday that I started drinking wine like a Frenchman. As the sale time approached I locked myself in the dunny so I couldn’t be harassed by the missus and kids and started hitting refresh on the iPad. In the first ten seconds I found a maxwell in my 42 size and bought it. Only to discover that I hadn’t read the instructions and didn’t use the drop down window to select the right product. Turns out I bought a $500au waistcoat. And I’m not a waistcoat bloke. Aero were brilliant and gave refund straight away. Hard lesson is I’m now gonna pay full price.
I never seem to learn though. Last time I got plastered and went online shopping I woke up to an email confirming the purchase of a medieval knights helmet. Sugarloaf style from the crusade period. Nice. But only used it twice. True story.

thor

One Too Many
Don’t feel bad @Jimi3legs, I had a similar experience but for different reasons.
I was up at 4am (US East Coast time) to check out the sale before all the good stuff was gone. I found a shearling-lined tumbled brown HH Maxwell in size 48 (with nice long 27.5” sleeves; perfect for me) and bought it.
Well, I thought I bought it.
On my computer monitor I was looking at the photo of the Maxwell and hit “add to cart” but I didn’t hit the secondary drop-down box to select the specific item number.
What I received instead of a brown horsehide Maxwell was a black suede Bavarian deerskin half-belt!!! You can imagine my surprise.
Aero’s customer service was great, they will give me a refund (DHL is delivering the jacket back to them).
Sadly that size 48 Maxwell jacket that I wanted is long gone.
Next time I go on the Aero website at 4am, I’ll have to pour a stronger cup of coffee!:(:confused::p

mygar

A-List Customer
So idiot of the week is me ! I was so exited about the sale on Monday that I started drinking wine like a Frenchman. As the sale time approached I locked myself in the dunny so I couldn’t be harassed by the missus and kids and started hitting refresh on the iPad. In the first ten seconds I found a maxwell in my 42 size and bought it. Only to discover that I hadn’t read the instructions and didn’t use the drop down window to select the right product. Turns out I bought a $500au waistcoat. And I’m not a waistcoat bloke. Aero were brilliant and gave refund straight away. Hard lesson is I’m now gonna pay full price.
I never seem to learn though. Last time I got plastered and went online shopping I woke up to an email confirming the purchase of a medieval knights helmet. Sugarloaf style from the crusade period. Nice. But only used it twice. True story.
Yes being lit up and shopping online lol things happen! But in your defense... the mistake you made was very easy to make. The fault lies with the developer as they should have anticipated how error prone this design was. I would never have developed a form like that. I bet you were not the only one!

Jimi3legs

New in Town
Yes being lit up and shopping online lol things happen! But in your defense... the mistake you made was very easy to make. The fault lies with the developer as they should have anticipated how error prone this design was. I would never have developed a form like that. I bet you were not the only one!

Jimi3legs

New in Town
Haha yeh I hope I wasn’t the only one, but nevertheless there are some happy punters out there that read the instructions. Blame is on me.

Reactions: Gav

Jimi3legs

New in Town
Don’t feel bad @Jimi3legs, I had a similar experience but for different reasons.
I was up at 4am (US East Coast time) to check out the sale before all the good stuff was gone. I found a shearling-lined tumbled brown HH Maxwell in size 48 (with nice long 27.5” sleeves; perfect for me) and bought it.
Well, I thought I bought it.
On my computer monitor I was looking at the photo of the Maxwell and hit “add to cart” but I didn’t hit the secondary drop-down box to select the specific item number.
What I received instead of a brown horsehide Maxwell was a black suede Bavarian deerskin half-belt!!! You can imagine my surprise.
Aero’s customer service was great, they will give me a refund (DHL is delivering the jacket back to them).
Sadly that size 48 Maxwell jacket that I wanted is long gone.
Next time I go on the Aero website at 4am, I’ll have to pour a stronger cup of coffee!:(:confused::p
Yeh my maxwell is gone too. How good is that jacket ! Damn that drop down box !

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The thing is, I tried an old design Hercules in cordovan and it looked fantastic. I remember thinking about it back when I was ordering my first jacket but went with the LHB because I thought it was a bit more low key. But now, I'm seriously tempted...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner