Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Sheene made of unfinished horsehide

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
great slow progression, do you enjoy this stage of color? I find it hard to combo with new jeans until several shades darker, yet the darkening from just wearing alone is getting slower at this stage.
Yes, this color does not go with everything. But I like the slow progression. It makes the jacket very individual. And just now for cooler summer days or even beautiful autumn days, the jacket is top, just because it is bright. For the winter it is too cold and just too bright for me. Since I prefer rather darker clothes.

MrProper

Have not worn this jacket for 2 months. Therefore, still a quick update before the winter break.
0A828562-7BDC-44E7-8739-688E2C176D22.jpeg
ABBF4510-7475-4968-9B44-6EA4AD57DA46.jpeg

Damon141

Practically Family
Love the look of this natural leather.
This is in the top 3 colors Aero uses, the others would be that badass blue cxl that a few members had and that almost natural looking steer hide they apparently don’t have anymore.

MrProper

Some had asked how the jacket had developed in the meantime.
Since I can only say, actually quite little, because I wear them too little.
So great I find the jacket, the color is unfortunately ungrateful.
If the weather is nice, it is often too warm for a jacket. If it is bad, rainy and gloomy, I rather put on one of my darker jackets. So I have to wait for cool, nice days.
In this respect, it will probably take a little longer until the color changes something big.

1660041819008.jpeg

1660041841557.jpeg

1660041875758.jpeg

Observe

One Too Many
Looking at your OP and your most recent pics, I see a definite difference in colour and sheen from when it was new. Coming along nicely I'd say, given your relative lack of wear. Perhaps you've considered hanging it outside on hot sunny days just to get some rays on it?

MrProper

Looking at your OP and your most recent pics, I see a definite difference in colour and sheen from when it was new. Coming along nicely I'd say, given your relative lack of wear. Perhaps you've considered hanging it outside on hot sunny days just to get some rays on it?
Where the jacket hangs, there is no direct sunlight, but there is daylight. So no dark closet. Direct sun is usually also heat and insofar I do not want to let them hang outside for hours. But it is enough that it is sometimes in the car or just worn in the sun.
And I'm not in a hurry ;-)

Al 916

One Too Many
Would the exposure not be more contrasted and more custom to you when worn rather than just generally exposed to uv?

Cheech

A-List Customer
Your jacket looks great, @MrProper!

Here are some photos of my Simmons Bilt cafe racer made in apparently the same unfinished Italian horsehide, which I picked up in the spring of 2020. This is my warm-weather motorcycle jacket, so it's seen its fair share of rain, sun, and road grime. I was originally inspired by @GriffDeLaGriff's cafe racer in Aero's tan steer, which they no longer offer. I love the look so much that I'm starting to consider getting a cross-zip made with this leather.

1 - dkW0PHU.jpg

2 - j17f4s1.jpg

3 - QkZQxUv.jpg

MrProper

Would this be the same HH used in the Standard and Strange/Simmons Bilt Vanishing Point jacket? It appears to be the same to me.
As far as I know, this is all the leather from the Italian company Comipel. At least that writes epauletbrand.com, who have their jackets made by Aero.

Your jacket looks great, @MrProper!

Here are some photos of my Simmons Bilt cafe racer made in apparently the same unfinished Italian horsehide, which I picked up in the spring of 2020. This is my warm-weather motorcycle jacket, so it's seen its fair share of rain, sun, and road grime. I was originally inspired by @GriffDeLaGriff's cafe racer in Aero's tan steer, which they no longer offer. I love the look so much that I'm starting to consider getting a cross-zip made with this leather.

View attachment 443568
View attachment 443572
View attachment 443573
Really nice. Top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112