Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Steerhide

Mike D

Familiar Face
Glad i could help out, When i tried out the Cafe racer, it was too loose in the shoulders but the belly was perfect. So i went with a BR because the belly stayed the same but the Shoudlers shrunk to what i believed was the perfect size. I'm glad i was patient and waited for the BR jacket.
My custom order is basically the identical jacket but with a highwayman collar and the darkest brown HH they have, so well see. I think it will be more versatile for everyday wear. It's all in my head of course and have no regrets.
I can see myself owning more than one jacket in the future.

Here's more fit pics because i am sadly sending it back this afternoon.

Last edited:

Mike D

Familiar Face
Man, fantastic fit, jacket looks so good on you! Mike D perhaps you mentioned this earlier, but what's your height and weight? Thanks!

5'9" 177 pounds

Will post pics in a couple of months when I receive it and post updates pics as it breaks in.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
So I'm new here and have read through this thread closely, and have found the information very helpful as I have a one year old Aero 4-pocket Cafe Racer that I have grown to really enjoy as it continues to break in. I'm wearing a size 42 that was ordered through Insurrection and I bought right off the rack there while visiting a year back. It's Steerhide and appears to have a light wool body lining with cotton drill sleeves. I will post some photos of it when I am able to do so.

My question relates to thier jackets that simply say "Horsehide" but not Front Quarter. I picked up a modified half-belf off ebay this is a 46, and it's frankley a bit too large (and short in torso length) for me. However it's the leather itself I find odd, this horsehide jacket is very shiny, stiff like cardboard and feels very light compared to either FQHH or Steerhide. It's lined with very nice wool tweed, and as I've worn it some it seems to be breaking in something like Seal Jerkey Horsehide. Has anyone else here tried a seal jerkey jacket?

dan_t

Practically Family
Aero do have a mid-weight horsehide, which I believe gets the label you describe.
Steer hide would be the heaviest, followed by their FQHH, then the mid-weight hides.
Haven't experienced their 'jerky', so am unable to comment.
Would love to see your jackets as a proper welcome to a new member.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
[/ATTACH]
IMG_3424.JPG
Here is the half belt as I recieved it. The shiny appearance is how it really looks currently. I'll get some photos with me in them and try to upload them. Still a little less than fully comfortable placing photos of myself in a public forum, but I'll see what I can do. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3418.JPG
    IMG_3418.JPG
    417.9 KB · Views: 1,732

Mike D

Familiar Face
Thanks, i am very happy with the jacket. Dont really know how to explain its "awesomeness"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo