Aero Stuart Brown Vintage FQHH Lining questions

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by db9v, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Davy Crockett

Davy Crockett A-List Customer

Mike,
    I doubt if you would notice the lightweight tartan (Reiver) being any warmer than the cotton drill, also if you look on the Loch Carron link there is a massive choice of different tartans (over 500 if I remember correctly!), I went for one that was in fact my family tartan(recommended by Will at Aero) and it matched the brown FQHH perfectly, I also find the Brown cotton drill has a "knapp" which is almost like a brushed cotton and find it smooth for easy arm access, I may be wrong but personally I would be wary of the durability of satin lined sleeves

D

2. db9v

db9v New in Town

Thanks for the input Brando. I am going to ask Amanda which lining between cotton drill and the thinnest wool will be cooler.

3. db9v

db9v New in Town

Felt fan...thanks for the recommendation. I did ask Amanda to add the leather strip to the bottom of the inside of my jacket. I think it adds to the look of the jacket also.

Old Crow, how long did the cotton drill last before getting the 2 holes?

4. db9v

db9v New in Town

Thanks D, I am staying away from the satin lining. I agree with you that it may not be that durable. Sleeves will be cotton drill, but still deciding between the wool and cotton drill for the rest of the jacket. If there really is little difference between the warmth than I prefer the wool.

5. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

I agree. The tartan is no warmer than the drill, and looks a bit more custom and cool. As was said, pick one of the 500 and enjoy a unique jacket. Drill in the sleeves is fine. None of mine have worn through at all yet.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012