Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Teamster in Goat

Tony B

One of the Regulars
No camera so no pics but I have an old goat uboat jacket from 1961 which has had a bit of wear and the buttonholes are in very good condition but they are the double welt type buttonholes rather than the sewn edge type that aero use.

Goat is a tough leather so i shouldn't imagine lifespan would be an issue fo any well made garment using it.

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
Hey Butte, so what else is on the toughness scale? (i'm imagining Chuck Norris has gotta be in there somewhere)

Dav

One Too Many
Hi there Equality
That's a beautiful jacket you've got there, I've just placed an order for a Teamster myself and already have the sizing jitters, could you tell me your chest measurment and what tag size the jacket is please?
Thanks.

Equality 7-2521

One of the Regulars
Dav, that will not be a problem. Checking my emails this is the relevant information I gave Aero.
- chest: 35.5 inches, (36 inches inhaled). I also gave this statement
- "I don't plan to lay under the jacket as I'm generally a warm person, I would have a long sleeve shirt on at most. I am after trim fit but not tight."
- My suit size is euro 46 or US 36
- I'm thin/fit build

Of course with all my other measurements. The jacket is a labeled as a 36. Hope it works out for you. I'm wearing mine right now actually :).

Edward

Bartender
Thank you, I'm 41.5/42.75'' chest and have ordered a 42, so all sounds good.

Inhaled / exhaled? That should be grand for Aero's standard 42. All my Aeros are a 42 and while a couple of them are definitely at the neatest end of what I can get away with (Thirties Halfbelt and AN6552), they're all fine on me. You look like you don't carry all your weight round the middle (as I unfortunately do) so you should have no worries at all.

Dav

One Too Many
Thanks Edward, the fit I'm after is the same as Equality' so I just wanted to check weather he had size down or not, as he hadn't I feel confidant now that what I've ordered will be fine!

Equality 7-2521

One of the Regulars
Dav, one last thing worth mentioning, following Jan Solo's advice I told Aero to,"Pattern should be based on a Long 1930s slim fit Halfbelt".

Metatron

One Too Many
Saw this photo by Disfarmer and thought of this thread:

heber-springs-portraits-1939-1946-21.jpg

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
If yo udon't mind my asking are you Hollows of Hollows leather?

Teamster in goat sounds intersting. i've often wondered if the heavier, longer coats might work well in goat.

hollows

New in Town
^I am! I creep around all kinds of message boards, but with a possible Aero purchase looming, I thought it might be time to sign up.

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
Well met, man! Believe it or not I was reading an interview with you the other day which I found quite inspiring. It was the one in which you said "Tandy is your friend'. I had been thinking about starting leather crafting just as a hobby and it was actually that interview which made think, right, let's make this happen.

hollows

New in Town
That's awesome, glad to give you a little push. It's really fun, if I wasn't doing it as a job I would certainly be doing it as a hobby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner