Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Teamster in Goat

Equality 7-2521

One of the Regulars
First let me say that the customer service from Aero is beyond outstanding. I asked for a few distinctive customization's on this jacket and not once did they tell me that I was either a fool or that they were not able to do so. They were extremely courteous and I think the result has made me extremely happy! A thanks in general to the Lounge and it members for peaking my interest in such items and JanSolo for answering my plethora of questions and guidance :).

These are the first quick shots, please pardon my appearance this was taken right after arriving from work, on my way out to the city. I usually wear a welders hat so I don't place any product in my hair and well, hence my disheveled look :D. I'll take some better quality photos of the jacket sometime this weekend.

20120309155701124.jpg

20120309155710406.jpg

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I like it! I too like the front yoke and the buttons.

The goat is incredible. I think its the nicest hide I seen...ever.
My Cheyenne almost look like new...still. Its insane.
This is also one reason I dont buy more jackets in this hide, I´m never gonna get them looking vintage :D

Edward

Bartender
Nice jacket. It's a rare one, the Teamster. What modifications did you make? I have two jackets in Aero's goat, love that hide. Real shame they can't get it in black.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
It really makes a difference to see those jackets worn. In my imagination the Teamster looked totally different. I always thought it was longer and way boxier.

Great jacket!

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
The Teamster. At last - it's like seeing some mythical beast. A great jacket. And a very nice fit: does it feel trim on, Equality? I'm rather tempted to get one in black FQHH.

And did it come with the horn buttons or were they a modification?

And did you retain the alpaca lining? How warm is the jacket?

Would be great to see some more pics.

Thanks,

Sir J

Last edited:

Equality 7-2521

One of the Regulars
Edward; The specific modifications I asked for were the front yoke and the sleeves done after the style of the surrogate jacket. Chest pocket is not standard either now that I remember.

Rudie, it was probably intended to be an inch or two longer but I most likely flubbed the measurement. I've never measured for a garment before and there was not a knowledgeable tailor nearby.

I'll try tonight without the bottom button then Metatron :).

Sir J, It feels very good. I asked for a trim fit without being restrictive of movement, as I didn't plan on layering at all with this.

If I recall correctly the horn buttons are standard... I'll have to check the emails again. I did not retain the alpaca lining I went with a brown tweed lining, brown cotton sleeves, brown corduroy pockets. I would say the jacket is warm enough so far but it's only really been about 5-7C so it's very mild right now.

I shall post more detailed pictures tomorrow. It's busy around here with poker tonight and my daughter taking up the rest of the day :).

Last edited:

dash69

Familiar Face
Awesome looking jacket.I'm expecting delivery of my 2 aero's sometime soon.One being a brown teamster,FQHH.The other a zip-sleeve highwayman in the same hide.Anyway,i'll post some of my picture's when they come.Very nice,enjoy.

Equality 7-2521

One of the Regulars
I'm 5'8/173cms and measuring the jacket now from the back of the collar to the bottom is 26inches as I specified to Aero. The front is from collar to bottom 24 inches, perhaps if I had specified for the front to be the same as the back it would have the length normally associated with the jacket. However I'm not a nitpicker, I really love the jacket and will just keep that in mind for future reference :). Funny enough I was very worried the sleeves were an inch too long but I wouldn't want them any shorter, so I lucked out there! Here are the pictures as promised, let me know if you would like any other specific shots. Thanks for the compliments gentlemen :).

p3110927.jpg

p3110928.jpg

p3110929.jpg

p3110930.jpg

p3110931.jpg

p3110932.jpg

p3110933.jpg

Red Baron

Banned
Have you any experience with the buttons and Goat? does this leather type last well with buttons constant rubbing as the jacket is buttoned and unbuttoned? has anyone older Goat Jackets with buttons to be able to tell the way this leather type handles daily wear?

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I have a coupple of years old Cheyenne in goat. From the way it looks now, it holds up very well. The only place that shows some wear is underneath some of the buttons. Just slight wear against the hide. And its really just the color layer that has been wearing, and its way less then other parts of the jacket - like the neck.

The Aero button holes are so well made, I cant imagine they will ever be a problem.

From the way it looks now, there are other parts that will need repairing before the buttons and their wherabouts. For example the lining inside the arms at the very end of the arm, and the lining around where your hips are at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari