Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Type 3 Jean jacket

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
I really, really like the leather type 2 jackets. I think that split steer, unlined would be just grand. I was considering one myself recently but ended up going with a Filson x levi tincloth version. A lot cheaper and hopefully will last long time in and of itself. Tan suede with a darker brown leather collar though.... ah, it's tempting!

Graemsay

Practically Family
Trust me.

Get one made up in the black deerskin suede that Aero are clearing out.

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

Holly said that they've got some of the sand left too.

null-86.jpg

It's a really, really fantastic hide, and no-one seems interested in it. I'm just trying to figure what I want to get made up from it...

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
It fits the same as the original Levi Type III pattern, if you've got one or access to one that should help? Alternatively send over your measurements, or let me know you're thinking of one and I can help you out over e-mail.
Are we able to add an inch here and there to make it an easier fit?

Roma

A-List Customer
Got this jacket a year ago app. The suede is what I love very much, it's thick and soft.
Usually I wear 44 but for this jacket I went for 42 and it even allows layering. Actually it's not slim trim, even a size down gives me pretty much room.
As I understand it's a short type, there are longer versions with two outside pockets, this one doesn't have them. No inside pockets, only two outside breast pockets.
It's not a popular jacket so i decided to share my pics.

Who would like to comment on the fit and look, you are very welcome. Should it be longer? T`o me not, in this case it's a different style and a different jacket. May be shorter? Possibly, I don't know. If anybody could judge, would be great.
I'm 6'2" and 43" in chest but the 42 fits even roomy, today I worn a thick Iron hart hoody under and it was ok. I just left the top stud unbuttoned since it was pretty tight.
I added 2" to the sleeves and just 0,5" to the body.

wdw

One Too Many
The fit looks absolutely fine. I wouldn't change anything. I'm surprised you didn't need to size up, as I thought these all came in very neat and tight.

Roma

A-List Customer
The fit looks absolutely fine. I wouldn't change anything. I'm surprised you didn't need to size up, as I thought these all came in very neat and tight.
Thanks for your opinion.
As for the size, Holly told me absolutely the same thing. I think one of the reasons is that I'm not actually completely 44, I'm right in the middle and in some styles, like my LHB 44, I feel very roomy and a bit baggy. Since I didn't have the intention to layer under it, just a t-shirt, I took a risk and ordered 42. But only today I wore a thick hoodie under and was suprised it's absolutely fine. Apparently Aero's take on this style is a bit looser or the softness of the suede contributes to that.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I really like that. That jacket has been on my hit list for some time. For me, a lightweight/ mid weight leather would be great. I really liked that yellowish antique steer that they had. I've seen a couple in that and it really scrambles my eggs.

Roma

A-List Customer
I really like that. That jacket has been on my hit list for some time. For me, a lightweight/ mid weight leather would be great. I really liked that yellowish antique steer that they had. I've seen a couple in that and it really scrambles my eggs.
Thanks Ben.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart