Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Vicenza vs CXL FQHH vs CXL Steerhide = 1st world problems

Seb is right, this photo reminded me:
9CBE2E42-3467-4A25-9B9E-B27C5A8C48AB.jpeg

The way Steerhide breaks in is absolutely beautiful! It rolls instead of creasing, and the grain....
My favorite Aero hide is Connolly- hands down, and when I tried Himel’s American steer a few years back it just felt so nice! I have both Shinki and Cxl HH jackets, but think they would be so much nicer in thick, cozy Steerhide. I don’t think Horse will ever get to this:
759FC2D9-58CD-4D69-A6C4-2DD981D5F41C.jpeg

Last edited:

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have both Shinki and Cxl HH jackets, but think they would be so much nicer in thick, cozy Steerhide. I don’t think Horse will ever get to this:
759fc2d9-58cd-4d69-a6c4-2dd981d5f41c-jpeg.214722
Blasphemy!
Seriously though, those are two very compelling examples you posted and you may be right in the long run. I am really a fan of both hides but given the choice I gravitate to horse.

One panel seems to be ;).
This is the same on my Prem Highwayman. The waist strip is awesome and shows grain. The front and sleeves don’t so much :(.

The problem is the ultra heavy, super grainy CXL cow is a true rarity. Not an readily available option. Almost all my Aero’s have been cow and only two were of the type posted above.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Kicking this thread back active again as there have been questions of late comparing Aero's leather choices.

If someone has Badassi and is willing to share detailed photos of it here, please do so! I may try one of these jackets soon...
what color Badalassi are you wanting to get? I used to have a tobacco badalassi BL that's now with @JCSD. I do have a new black badalassi Aero sheene/HWM hybrid that's at JL for waist/hem resizing lol

moktabe

One of the Regulars
Kicking this thread back active again as there have been questions of late comparing Aero's leather choices.

If someone has Badassi and is willing to share detailed photos of it here, please do so! I may try one of these jackets soon...

Not exactly detailed but I have these...jacket at the time was about 3 or 4 days old. Rarely had it off my back and had given it the water spray treatment on and off for about 4 hrs.
Tobacco badalassi and very impressed with it, have a jacket coming in black badalassi.
2C49C9D6-57DB-4EB9-B822-BA4333BFC42A.jpeg
A0666E23-B3F7-4E86-BE0E-ABB48BE7E7EF.jpeg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ That's perfect!

I've never handeled this leather (Badalassi) and it will likely be early next year before I place an order for anything. I'm 53% thinking the "blue" might be the way to go?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21