Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero WWI Luftwaffe Jacke?

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
I asked my Dad about this jacket, he said it was a figment of his over active imagination made around 1987 from grade two Italian horsehide, mostly off cuts from early Jeans production for Japan, he thinks they were lined in black or green velvet, if he remembers correctly. Aero only ever made about two dozen of them.

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
As someone who is just about to order a sheepskin lined leather jacket to wear this winter in the UK (I've been advised that a regular Alpaca lined Aero would not be warm enough), I find the "too heavy" comment intriguing.

You know, I could have sworn I'd seen lots of folks wearing sheepskin lined jackets over here!;):)

The jacket you refer to as too heavy the 'Winter Luftwaffe Arado' has been taken off our site, it was only ever available from Original Flight Jackets. Although we made it, it was never available from Aero so there seemed no point in having it on our site. We don't show jackets we made for Nigel Cabourn for instance, that had a FL thread a few months ago, on our site either as they were his jackets not ours although we manufactured them for him.

Alpaca lining is warm enough for Scotland, so should be warm enough for anywhere in the UK!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic