Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AIR BRIDGE

J.B.Saxon

Familiar Face
Howdy Folks,

I was out of town for two weeks and did some travelling through Germany. I also visited my daughter. She lives in the Darmstadt area and I decided to head to Frankfurt Rhein Main Air Base. Here you can see the air bridge memorial. I took a few pics and wanted to share them with you. This part of history is not directly within the WWII, but related to it, so I decided to post them here. Enjoy

DSC01820Medium.jpg

DSC01825Medium.jpg

DSC01822Medium.jpg

DSC01824Medium.jpg

DSC01818Medium.jpg

Let ´em fly

mikepara

Practically Family
Cheers..

... Thanks for posting those pics. The second one is great, you can get a much better idea of the 'Bridges' shape. The Dak could do with a few of my mates 'stood in the door'.

J.B.Saxon

Familiar Face
Cheers Mikepara,

as I saw the Dak in front of the bridge I knew I had to post that for y´all. There was a fence around the area, but I tried to get the birds as close as possible.
How about posting some pics of your mates in the right possition, so we can try to put them into the Dak with photoshop ;)

J.B.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters