Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Avalon...anyone ever hear of one?

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
I saw one on the bay...has a folded felt edge to it and is the "superfine" felt...
1117_1.jpg
[/IMG]
11c1_1.jpg
[/IMG]
1270_1.jpg
[/IMG]
12fc_1.jpg
[/IMG]

That is a great looking hat...why doesn't Akubra still offer beauties like these anymore?

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
I wonder about the dating on that lid. It's kind of interesting to see what appears to be a "vintage" Akubra.

Cheers,
JtL

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Thats what I mean...I wish there was somewhere to see a list of all the hats Akubra has put out over the years. That one would be great to revive I think...[huh]

carldelo

One Too Many
That's my kind of lid - very nice. Did you notice the texture in the ribbon? You can see it where it wraps the bow too. Hard to tell the color, even, from those photos, though.

GLB Pro

New in Town
Akubra website has been updated with the actual colours shown: http://www.akubra.com.au/shop/new-releases/index

Going by the description this hat has the same construction as the traveller and international models ie softer pliofelt, buckram as opposed to leather sweatband and fully crushable/asbusable crown for travelling.

Looks cool! Not cheap but quality hats never are.

Bruno

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner