Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Landman

One Too Many
Just a little update on my new Akubra Campdraft Deluxe in size 60. I put some sizing spacers in it and I'm afraid it is just too big. I've decided to sell it and wait for the size 59 I ordered. If anybody would like it just send me a PM and I'm sure we can work something out. If nobody here wants it I will probably list it for sale on Ebay. Thanks.

deyoungaza

New in Town
OK. I finally figured out how to get an image from FB to post here (I think).

This is my new Camp Draft imperial. It's a great hat!

Regarding sizing: Because I read here that they run a bit big, I ordered a 57 cm instead of my usual 58 (which requires folded tissue all around the sweatband). The 57 sometimes feels a bit tighter than I'm used to -- but, then again, my 58 cm Jackaroo tends to go a-flying in a strong wind when my forehead is sweaty, even with the tissue spacer. I guess that if the Camp Draft shrinks too much I can stretch it back a bit. Meanwhile, it's snug but comfortable even during our hot Israeli summers.

The bash:
376211_3326856682866_1133583215_n.jpg

Profile:
487676_3326937084876_1079688274_n.jpg

Full face:
603571_3326951205229_1505515269_n.jpg

Three-quarter profile:
524031_3327044247555_872221477_n.jpg

Last edited:

Barriowilly

New in Town
First post, although I've been lurking here for months. Just received my CD in Silverbelly - size 59. It's a little looser in the fit than I was expecting, but based on everyone's advice, I believe it will shrink down to the right fit. I'll try to post some shots once I put a crease in it that seems respectable enough for the forum.

First post, although I've been lurking here for months. Just received my CD in Silverbelly - size 59. It's a little looser in the fit than I was expecting, but based on everyone's advice, I believe it will shrink down to the right fit. I'll try to post some shots once I put a crease in it that seems respectable enough for the forum.
Congrats on the new CD & welcome to the Lounge. Looking forward to the photos...

Duper

Practically Family
I had word from Everythingaustralian that they have restocked their bluegrass green Camp Drafts incase anyone was watching for that.

I guess I could have said all this in FL speak. "EA has restocked their BG CDs."

Now if we could just get a special run of moonstone or an alternate smaller 2 5/8 brim size.

Hoyt Clagwell

One of the Regulars
I now own a Campdraft. My order that I had placed in June with Everything Austrailian arrived today,a taupe CD and a burnt oak Fedora. I put a quick center crease in the fedora and wore it in the rain today. nice hat, very soft. For a day or two I am leaving the Campdraft as is, brim up and open crowned, telling everyone thats how Im wearing it. Its kinda fun wathing the various reactions.

Last edited:

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You should post a pic of that Hoyt so we can see how it looks. When mine first arrived I initially thought about leaving it open crowned but my wife thought it looked "campesino (hillbilly)" and I wouldn't be able to sit straight in my car with the crown so high.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto