Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
I was sure hoping Akubra would do this, but if they can't, they can't! I know we could have gotten a good number to order due to the initial interest. Maybe it'll work later! Mike thank you for running with it! We all appreciate that!

MCrider

A-List Customer
I heard back from Sam at EA this morning. Akubra has declined to make a modified version of the Campdraft. He offers his apologies at not being able to persuade Akubra, but they were steadfast.

Well, I guess I need to to start looking for a different hat now. I was saving my hat money for a chance on this, but if they declined it, then I guess I can start looking for something else. A premier version of the Whippet anyone?

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
If at some point someone can prevail upon Akubra to make a CD in Bran, I will join the order.

Barring that, it might be time to look at Stetson's Premiere Stratoliner in Cornhill color to fill my desire for a hat in that color range. You know that Whippet idea might work as well - should look really sharp.

Point is that if Akubra does not want the business, I am sure that we can find someone to take our money and fill the void.

Fed

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for all of the info on the Campdraft in this forum. It convinced me to order a silverbelly heritage grade from Hatsdirect. Great hat and great customer service. I recveived my new hat Friday and have spent the weekend creasing and tweaking. I really like this hat!

Thanks for all of the info on the Campdraft in this forum. It convinced me to order a silverbelly heritage grade from Hatsdirect. Great hat and great customer service. I recveived my new hat Friday and have spent the weekend creasing and tweaking. I really like this hat!
I've already posted this in the "Post New Hats Here!" thread, but that's a nice crease, and I think the proportions of the Campdraft suit you very well!

For whatever reason, I've been wearing my Silverbelly Campdraft quite often lately (perhaps in anticipation of the Taupe Fawn Campdraft I ordered that should hopefully arrive in April) and I've grown to like it a lot.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Very nice hats! I love the BGCD and the Fed IV! I think the Fed IV is next on my list. BTW - nice "Come and Take It" flag in the background. That flag flies in front of my house about 1/2 the year.

I look forward to Mr. Dean's review of the Traveller. I have one in sand. I trimmed the brim on that one as well to remove the welt edge and wire inside that helps the brim retain its shape.

I have had the Traveller for a week or so now, trimmed the brim down to 2 5/8". I really LIKE the Bran color, reminds me of the Natural color of my Stetson Road Master.
The felt has a different hand for sure & the crown is a tad low but serviceable. I'll be putting it thru a Christy's Tube trial soon & post results. I have rolled it a couple of times like the tube needs & it pops back into shape readily. Photos to come as well. Sorry but weather around here has had me busy...

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I have had the Traveller for a week or so now, trimmed the brim down to 2 5/8". I really LIKE the Bran color, reminds me of the Natural color of my Stetson Road Master.
The felt has a different hand for sure & the crown is a tad low but serviceable. I'll be putting it thru a Christy's Tube trial soon & post results. I have rolled it a couple of times like the tube needs & it pops back into shape readily. Photos to come as well. Sorry but weather around here has had me busy...

I look forward to those test results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner